Model Cars Magazine Forum

'23 Ford 'T' Carny Wagon

gasser59

James - thanks man. I can see that guy too.

Thanks Ira. I really appreciate that.

Randy D - Thanks for following along but it is you with the mad skills. So glad you're back.

Danno - Thanks. Yea, I was planning on going but once I looked up Louis' address, I changed my mind. Yogurt would never make it that far. I'm not going to give you any advance notice when this will show up at a club meeting, You'll just find out when it arrives like everyone else. :D

Now back to the build. Spent a good deal of the day yesterday building the roof structure. I still have the corregated roofing material to do and its currently rolled up in a glass to try to get it to maintain its curved shape. Then I'll drill it for the little brass brads before painting and weathering it. Here's a couple of pix of it.

Roof1.jpg

Roof2.jpg

Again, thanks guys for following along and your comments/input, they're greatly appreciated.

Edited by gasser59

Just thought of a detailing tip for the window glass. That old glass was really wavy, one could brush some white glue on one side in different areas and build it up in different areas to create the wave effect .............

Edited by Alan

Yeah, this is coming together in a great way. Love it!

I still haven't found the issue with the article on Pat Coverts build. Anyone happen to know which one it's in?

And Brad, the HBO show "Carnivale" is loaded with long scenes inside very detailed carny coaches. Depression era, and great set detail. Might be worth a look for those final details.

Gentlemen - thanks for the kind comments and for your interest. This has been a really fun build for me.

Hey Alan - I'm right there with you on remembering the old glass was really wavy and uneven. I used a fresh fruit clear plastic clamshell and found a ripply part that was free of scratches and cut that to size. I still need to do the window in the door but I'll do the same thing with that. I also just finished up the fire wood carrier last night and painted it so today it'll get the 'limbs' glued in. I also made up an axe for the exterior of the truck and will probably mount it to one of the running boards.

Thx Gluhead for the article info search. Now I just need to find it for myself. I'd at least like to read it and see the pictures. Anyway you could scan it and send to my email? I'll trade you for the other stuff I plan on sending you.

Thanks again guys and I'll have some update pics soon.

Edited by gasser59

Thanks for the kind words gents. Really appreciate you guys following along. A bit more work done that I want to share with you all. The coffee pot has a coat of blue paint. It was made from the tapered metal end of a clickable ball point with the cap turned on my Stylus again and the handle and spout are made from printing plate. The wood box is also made from printing plate again and the lip around the edge is the insulation from a small wire that was split lengthwise, the wire removed and then slipped over the edge of the printing plate. The limbs were cut from a tree in the back yard.

CoffeePot.jpg

Enjoy and stay on board for more this weekend. Bunch more bench time planned.

Edited by gasser59