Model Cars Magazine Forum

WILLYS GONE WILD

Dr. Cranky

This is all pretty much box stock except for a few frame reinforcements, the tires, and some after market parts for the engine.

I have always wanted to build a big tall Willys.

Ah, I didn't recognize the suspension because the Willys I am working on is the street rod. So this must have started life as the gasser...

Art and Bryan, I ended up using the gasser frame and components because I wanted to keep it as stock as humanly possible, but I am going to gizmo-engineer a way of dropping the whole frame a few scale inches so that there's a bit more tire clearance. The shocks would be very easy to scratch-build in this case in case someone is thinking of doing one of their own. I just used the stock parts because I like them.

Once again, all this proves the amazing versatility of the 41 Willys. If I could, I would keep a few dozen in stock always. It's the kit I am going to be using when I turn the 62 Corvette into a gasser. Don't blame me for the madness, blame Donn Yost. It's his fault! LOL!