Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Daytona Pro Mod 1/16th scale updated 4/3/12 ..It's a wrap!

Mate that's the understatement of the year!!  Enjoying it??! I "enjoyed" your Chevelle brother, this build is leaving me... nearly speechless! Mate if I had a go at building that cage it would look like last night's spaghetti! Your cage however look's like an engineer's dream! 

Keep it up mate... I'm welded to this build like your cage is welded up 

Cheers Cliffo! 

Hmmmm...... Spaghetti! Thx Cliffo Ol Boy. now im speechless :D

Hey fellas Im back with another update I was able to get the steering setup in , and the seat support, I was also able to complete the driveshaft tunnel and safty hoops enjoy......

Here the steering setup is soldered in ....

steeringsetupdriveshafttunnel001.jpg

steeringsetupdriveshafttunnel003.jpg

pictured here is the seat support...

steeringsetupdriveshafttunnel004.jpg

steeringsetupdriveshafttunnel005.jpg

steeringsetupdriveshafttunnel006.jpg

Ok heres the 3rd part of todays update......

here I have the driveshaft safty hoops fabed up

steeringsetupdriveshafttunnel008.jpg

and i planned to use this aluminum tube as the tunnel but it didnt work out the way i planned..

steeringsetupdriveshafttunnel009.jpg

Here the hoops are soldered in

steeringsetupdriveshafttunnel010.jpg

And here the tunnel has been soldered in

tunnel001.jpg

tunnel002.jpg

Stay Tunned for more. B)

chassis looks pretty good so far B) i have a couple questions on some parts.

where are the upper bars that would form the top and forward sections of the transmission tunnel? i see the lower angled bars supporting the rear of the cage, but what about the forward bars?

why the angled window side support tube in the funnycar part of the cage? i thought they were supposed to be horizontal? and where is the matching support tube on the other side?

i'm guessing here that you are leaving out the windshield header to make assembly easier as you go along?

Hey Dave thx for the concern , But this chassis is in no way complete. Im bouncing between references as i go. Which means im building as i learn. This is my first ProMod so im learning as I go also. But believe me that it will have everything it is supposed to by the time of completion. And you are guessing correctly I have left out sections to make assembly easier. and as far as the angled support , I saw one one a chassis i was looking at and I liked the way it looked so i did mine that way. Take care my freind and good to hear from ya! B)

Edited by Aftashox

hey thx Davin!

Hey Fellas I decieded to cut my lenco tranny into pieces so i could detail it, but in do so It seemed to me that i could make a better tranny altogether. At first I planned to make it from styrene but a quick trip to my work shop and i found out I didnt have any left. So heres the new plan fab the entire transmission from brass! Can it be done? We'll soon see. Enjoy! :lol:

heres the resin tranny pictured

chassis007.jpg

after i cut it up.

LencoTranny001.jpg

these are the materials i'll use to build the new tranny...

LencoTranny002.jpg

four differant sizes were cut from two differant sizes of brass tube.

LencoTranny003.jpg

I cut round plates which will later be shaped as the connection or mounting plates for each section. (sorry its blurry)

LencoTranny004.jpg

here im beginning to solder the end caps on, I think my soldering gun is poopin out on me.............

LencoTranny005.jpg

I'll have more for you soon , gotta go buy a new soldering gun so i can continue.........cya soon. :)

Edited by Aftashox

Guest Sickfish

Mate, you cut up the tranny  you're crazy! Lol! 

Romell... You're off the hook!  I gotta see you make the new brass tranny! Dude if I tried this all I'd have is meatballs to go with my spaghetti cage! Lol! 

Cheers mate, Cliffo!  Keep up this insane build!

Edited by Sickfish

Great looking build, Romell, but I'm curious ... why do you post the same things about the same car in two or more different threads?

Not a criticism of you or the build, just don't get why all the repetition.

:D

Edited by Danno

Great looking build, Romell, but I'm curious ... why do you post the same things about the same car in two or more different threads?

Not a criticism of you or the build, just don't get why all the repetition.

:D

Well at first I just wanted to put it on the workbench, then i said to myself, Self (and myself said "Yes") this build needs to be in Big Boys, So i made a second thread in Big Boys. Then some one in the chat room said to me "Hey Romell please post this in the Drag Racing forum cause all i ever check is the drag racing. So i said ok as long as Gregg or Harry doesnt put me infront of the firing squad for it. Well the three threads are still up and I have avoided the firing squad so far. So i'll leave it up untill im asked to delete it. Oh and thx for the compliments my friend. LOL! ;)

Romell, looks like another epic build...I think I missed what scale you are building this in??

I'll be checking in on this one for sure!

Hey tony good to hear from ya this is my first large scale build since I was a kid, it's 1/16th scale and please do stay tuned. ;)

As always, incredible. I cant wait until my skills rival yourself and a few others here. Also, I never though of using graph paper to trace an outline of the body. Using a miter box as a jig is also pretty clever. Those 2 ideas alone to me are priceless!

Edited by Evil Appetite

As always, incredible. I cant wait until my skills rival yourself and a few others here. Also, I never though of using graph paper to trace an outline of the body. Using a miter box as a jig is also pretty clever. Those 2 ideas alone to me are priceless!

Innovate , innovate ,innovate I think my mom used to say that to me LOL! anyway thx for the compliments and im glad you could pick something up from this build.

Hey fellas had to buy a new soldering gun and camara , and I was waiting on some detail parts to come in, I also purchased a mini mill to make some parts( cant wait for that to get here. I'll be back on this end of the week so stay tuned.... ;)

Edited by Aftashox