Model Cars Magazine Forum

Early Dodge 4 door project - Drag Hauler

Everything for this is starting to come together. Just got the 1 ton wheels in last week . Ramp body I've had for a while. Service body I just got in last week . Still undecided which direction to go with it.

So I'm looking for ideas.

My original intention was to do the Jenkins - Strickler truck they used to pull the 64 Dodge Race car around on a trailer with. But I realized yesterday the grille is wrong for that application.

Dodge cab is from RMR , Service bed is from Hendricks Motorsports. Ramp bed is a scratchbuilt piece I bought off Ebay

dodgecab.JPG

toolbed2.JPG

toolbed1.JPG

rampbed.JPG

Bill I could use 2 of these Dodges for the Snake and Mongoose transporters. They would need some modifications to make them the D-800 truck but I don't think it would take to much to do. Your project looks very promising with either the utility or car transporter. What are you going to use for the chassis?

My original intention when I bought the cab was to do the Strickler Jenkins truck

Now I am leaning more towards doing some mods to the cab and do a Landy truck for my Landy Hemi Dart

As far as the chassis , I don't know yet. I did a test fit with a chassis from the little red extress truck and I think it's to far off.

So I am open to ideas - suggestions

Strickler-Jenkins-hauler.jpg

Landy-hauler.jpg

I have an L700 here so I'll ck it this weekend .Thanks for the idea.

But, The more I look at it, the more I think I'll do the Landy truck instead. The grille differences is going to bug me to much to do the Jenkins/Strickler version. For that one I'll get a Modelhaus cab,,,,,,,, down the road.

Now just need to figure out how to do the ft fender flares, I'm thinking 1/4 round bent to shape. As always I am open to suggestions.

Although,,,,,,, I wouldn't rule out a Hustler Hauler either.

hustler-hauler.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

The one ton wheels would be correct for the Strickler truck, but the others shown would need wheels from a larger truck (think 20 inch wheels from a 2 1/2 ton) . If you are going curbside, the Ford Louisville truck might be the right wheelbase(or easily modified), otherwise the L-700 is probably your best bet.