Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Whoop! That's purtty. Is that a die cast or a build up?

Later-

It's an original issue MPC builtup. It came exactly the way you see it . When I saw it I just had to have it. ( and unfortunately paid accordingly ) I've had a builder of this car in my stash for years and never done anything with it. So this was a way to get instant gratification.

Edited by gtx6970

Another 1/8 scale Lotus 72D F1 car. A glue bomb, of course, but still, another Cosworth DFV for the stash. I think a mid-engine street car that combines elements of '27 T roadster with early '70s F1 would be wild.

It's an original issue MPC builtup. It came exactly the way you see it . When I saw it I just had to have it. ( and unfortunately paid accordingly ) I've had a builder of this car in my stash for years and never done anything with it. So this was a way to get instant gratification.

You may have paid dearly for it but it looks worth it. A beautiful build.

Later-

Another 1/8 scale Lotus 72D F1 car. A glue bomb, of course, but still, another Cosworth DFV for the stash. I think a mid-engine street car that combines elements of '27 T roadster with early '70s F1 would be wild.

That would be wild... I wouldn't mind having a couple spare Cosworth DFVs in 1/25th.. maybe put one in a vintage Mustang. I read a long time ago in Car & Driver that in the '70s someone put one in a F100, but that may just be an urban legend.

There was a '70s Firebird (built by GM, IIRC) with a Ferrari V-12. Also a Jeep Grand Wagoneer with a Ferrari V-12. Somewhere out there is a T-bucket with a Lamborghini V-12.

But yeah man, a super lightweight, maybe even monocoque construction roadster with an aluminum V-8 mounted midship...would be awesome.

Somehow I doubt gm would devote any time money or effort to building anything with a different manufacturer s engine.

The '71 Firebird Pegasus...a pet project at GM built by/for GM Styling exec Bill Mitchell...it had a restyled front and rear w/ Ferrari-esque styling.

http://www.motortrend.com/classic/features/c12_0603_1971_pontiac_firebird_pegasus/

Edited by Rob Hall

The model fairy dropped off some stuff for me again - and again at no cost (except the paint), so i LOVE IT.

today's haul:

50 olds (used a gift card to get it plus some paint etc)

R-M Acura Integra Type R

R-M Honda Civic Si Coupe

AMT Fast and Furious 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse

AMT Fast and Furious 1995 Toyota Supra

R-M 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse

R-M Ford Focus SVT

Pro-Modeler 58 Vette

Monogram 59 Vette

Four Nastruck's and five Nascars.

Looks like i'm up to my elbows in NASCAR/TRUCK.

I also picked up some paint.

got a Revell 67 Corvette 427 coupe from the 1990's , be here in a few days ,,, and got a tubing bender , a proper set of drill bits , a proper pin vice , and a killer paintbrush set ,,,,,, love them , top quality , I want to thank a member here for the heads up on these 002-68_zps2e26f7a3.jpg

I needed a change of pace...something different...so i went and pick-up the TRUMPETER "AMERICAN laFrance Eagle " "Fire pumper" (Fire Truck) 1/25 Scale. Item No.02506

I told my self...Hey my collection needs a Fire Truck....Looking foward to it..well as soon as i get the 3 wip's of the bench...

326 Parts with P/E parts....Looks like a Good Challenge.. :P

Found it at a Hobby Town USA Hobbies....with a $25.00 off the sticker price....Only $65.16 out the door... :D

My LHS down the street from me has it for $93.00 + tax :huh:

Pays to look around...

Cheers to all..

Thanks...Don

I have been looking for this kit for some time but was never able to find it. Recently saw a picture of Steve Allemand's beautifully built example. I e-mailed him and he was gracious enough to e-mail me information about the kit as well as some helpful hints on building it. As luck would have it I found one on an auction site and it was a "Buy it Now". I did! I just received it yesterday.

DSC00368-vi.jpg

this came today , not what I had ordered and I am not 100% happy about it , 62 Bird , I had bought an older kit and for good money too , oh well 002-68_zps7c0fd497.jpg

This version of the kit is better than the old annual as far as detail, and you get a set of skirts in the bargain.

You are very very welcome Derick :rolleyes: ,, well this 67 Corvette came today , and I got some super glue and a few pins to use at radio knobs and light switches and a very kind member sent me some drill bits and a cool looking pin vise and thanks to Dr Cranky the Drano , I just tried it , chrome was gone in under 15 seconds , what else , oh yeah , a bunch of wood to build a work station , start on that today 001-86_zpsc81017fd.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...