Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I musta had a 1/2 dozen of these as a kid, both it and the one molded in black. when I got back into modeling again, I found a surplus of the black ones, but no red ones, so on the hunt I went. I found a few 1/2 builts that weren't too bad, and then finally found that one for a reasonable price.

got this the other day, have 2 open/semi builts of it, but finally scored a sealed one,

photo_zpsf9a539cd.jpg

I have been thinking about this kit for awhile. When I was a kid I built it a few times...I believe there was a Black one with flames as well. I wish I could find a few of these,

Sleep apnea is a serious health concern. My father was diagnosed last year and loves his CPAP machine. He is more energetic, in better moods, and gets a full nights sleep every night. After he found a face piece that he liked he says he doesn't even notice it anymore.

My step-dad has sleep apnea. He said since he got the CPAP he doesn't feel as fatigued out on the road.

Yep, same here Austin and James, I've only been using it since Thursday night and already feeling better.

Got a couple built '66 T-birds, one a black Craftsman with the smooth top and the other a regular kit (probably reissue) with the vinyl top. They'd been up on eBay four times with no bids (and no description in the listing of what they were) so I kinda felt sorry for them, plus I have a thing for Craftsman kits:

$_57.JPG

Also got a '69 442 parts lot with a complete front end setup, which will let me put steerable wheels in something else, and most of a '66 El Camino kit (minus the engine and mags) to donate the stock parts to my '66 wagon.

Got a couple built '66 T-birds, one a black Craftsman with the smooth top and the other a regular kit (probably reissue) with the vinyl top. They'd been up on eBay four times with no bids (and no description in the listing of what they were) so I kinda felt sorry for them, plus I have a thing for Craftsman kits:

$_57.JPG

Also got a '69 442 parts lot with a complete front end setup, which will let me put steerable wheels in something else, and most of a '66 El Camino kit (minus the engine and mags) to donate the stock parts to my '66 wagon.

The black T-bird is nice looking...sweet!

Got an AMT '73 Camaro SS from eBay today. Built up as a drag car (well done), with the original box (great box art) and instructions. Been looking for one of these for a while, has the full width front bumper w/ bumper guards.

73camarosslf-vi.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

Got the pool open today. Ran the heater all last night and today. After dinner we'll be going for a dip in 91 degree water. It's a little warm so we'll adjusting a little every day.

About a month ahead of us here in PA! Currently 57* outside, not exactly pool weather just yet. I once wanted to see how high my pool heater would go. Had the whole pool up over 100. Ya don't wanna do that, it burns your eyes!

About a month ahead of us here in PA! Currently 57* outside, not exactly pool weather just yet. I once wanted to see how high my pool heater would go. Had the whole pool up over 100. Ya don't wanna do that, it burns your eyes!

Should be in my pool by the last week of the month here in Phoenix. I don't have a pool heater and usually wait until the water temp is at least 75-78. I really like it in midsummer when the water temp is over 90..

Should be in my pool by the last week of the month here in Phoenix. I don't have a pool heater and usually wait until the water temp is at least 75-78. I really like it in midsummer when the water temp is over 90..

I'd be dead without a pool heater... actually was a few years ago when mine was broken. Pennsylvania summer along with my pool being under trees in the woods. It just doesn't heat up on it's own.

Got an AMT '73 Camaro SS from eBay today. Built up as a drag car (well done), with the original box (great box art) and instructions. Been looking for one of these for a while, has the full width front bumper w/ bumper guards.

73camarosslf-vi.jpg

didn't know such a kit existed, now I need one to replicate the 71 SS I used to own, that's pretty cool!

A solar cover could get you in the pool a bit earlier.

The black T-bird is nice looking...sweet!

Not quite as nice close up when I opened the box, but it's mainly a few glue splotches. Worst part is the taillight lens has some glue warp. Interesting thing is that since it's the promo tool, the interior is correct for a coupe, with a package shelf that extends to the back window and has the little slots for the flow-through ventilation. The regular kit with the separate roof doesn't (it's really a convertible). One oddity: Two of the Craftsman's tires have whitewalls mistakenly printed on both sides - I've seen and owned AMT promos and Craftsman kits since the '60s and have never seen that happen on one tire, let alone two in the same kit!

Not quite as nice close up when I opened the box, but it's mainly a few glue splotches. Worst part is the taillight lens has some glue warp. Interesting thing is that since it's the promo tool, the interior is correct for a coupe, with a package shelf that extends to the back window and has the little slots for the flow-through ventilation. The regular kit with the separate roof doesn't (it's really a convertible). One oddity: Two of the Craftsman's tires have whitewalls mistakenly printed on both sides - I've seen and owned AMT promos and Craftsman kits since the '60s and have never seen that happen on one tire, let alone two in the same kit!

Chris I never seen that before ether on one with the tires...me I like the early promo tooled kits and promos gotten pretty good at restoring them over the years.

Carl, got that to go with the 'joes garage' gas station kit that's on it's way. I got two of the gas station kits in the hopes of combining them into something cool..........time will tell on that...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...