Model Cars Magazine Forum

Digital Airbrush...1998

endbelldrive

I was playing around with a computer that was given to me back in 1998 and voila...

gallery_396_336_49047.jpg

This was my first attempt at digital airbrushing way back when. The program used was Photoshop 4 when it first came out in early 1998. The computer was a Power Computing with a 133 Mhz Power Mac processor and a 2G hard drive. The cheapest smallest WACOM tablet available at the time was used with the Photoshop airbrush tool set at 20% pressure. The original file was an RGB 3000 X 2000 pixels at 300 dpi and started out a scanned pencil sketch. It looks pretty stiff because it was the first time using the pen tool and bezier curves. The original sketch was influenced by the work that Ed Newton did for Ed "Big Daddy" Roth in the 1960s.

Seeing all this stunning digital artwork really makes me feel like I've been barking up the wrong tree all these years.

Andi

Don't worry...there are a LOT of trees in the forest! We all have our particular favorites, but there's enough for everyone to have a different one to himself! :wink:

Hi all, I don't have a web site yet as I have been building slot cars for customers when I should be taking it easy in my early retirement. Never worked so hard in my life.

I've cooled it with the digital painting and I'm back to painting hot rods, pin up girls and weird-ohs with the brush and airbrush.

Unfortunately, my own projects have taken a back seat for the last couple of years. I'll dig through the archives and post a few more pics. 8)