Model Cars Magazine Forum

STRIPTEASE 49 MERC (The Sultana of Old Burlesque)

Dr. Cranky

Thanks, Erik, I am almost done with the theater and then I can get back to finishing the model. I just printed a sheet of scale dollar bills and the TOOSEXY license plate. I just have to finish the engine and the interior and it should be good to go.

Thanks for staying tuned in . . . .

LOL, Jim, don't worry the updates will be here waiting for you. As a matter of fact, I am going out for my morning walk and then I am hitting the bench. It's a glorious Friday here with the sun and the birds and a coolness in the air that's perfect for getting some bench time in. . . . cheers and happy TGIF.

Here is some progress with the walls. I am still working on detailing them . . . also, eventually I will play around with mood lighting to create different effects, but so far I like the way it is turning out . . .

016-vi.jpg

017-vi.jpg

Nothing is glued down, and the stuff on the walls is held by blue tac so it can all be moved around . . .

018-vi.jpg

021-vi.jpg

Looks like you finished your walk, Virg, and I finished pressure washing. Good timing. The chair rail looks just right. Doll house places should have chandeliers and maybe even an organ or piano. Now that you have me pumped up, I need to get cleaned up and out to the shop to build.

Flocked and mirrored lower wall paper!

Victorian Steam Punk themed show room.

There is a book by Haruhiko Shono called Gadgets.

Saw it in a used book store,you and him Doc must

have been separated at birth.

James aka Joker

I love the imagry your bringing to this "stage". Looks like what I would think a lobby for a burlesque show would be like.

Cranky, any thoughts on making the scene a little more run down to match the merc? You could fade the paint, tatter a bit of paper, etch the mirrors and generally give everything a semi-matching patina to enhance the mystique of the merc. Subtle stuff, just to take the newness off the edges. Just making a suggestion.

wow are you serious? that display is totally killer way to go Doc!

I love the imagry your bringing to this "stage". Looks like what I would think a lobby for a burlesque show would be like.

Cranky, any thoughts on making the scene a little more run down to match the merc? You could fade the paint, tatter a bit of paper, etch the mirrors and generally give everything a semi-matching patina to enhance the mystique of the merc. Subtle stuff, just to take the newness off the edges. Just making a suggestion.

I agree that would be cool, got to weather it!!!

Where did you get all the cool furniture, mirror, etc?

Harry, I got the stuff from different sources:

http://half-scale-miniatures.com/shop/

http://www.dollhousecity.com/1/2-inch-dollhouse-furniture

It's just amazing what's out there, but the standard scale for doll house stuff is still 1 inch. 1/2 inch is just now catching up in interest.

Flocked and mirrored lower wall paper!

Victorian Steam Punk themed show room.

There is a book by Haruhiko Shono called Gadgets.

Saw it in a used book store,you and him Doc must

have been separated at birth.

James aka Joker

Thank you, James, I will look up that book and get it. I collect that kind of stuff.

Thanks, Andrew, yes, there's going to be some weathering and aging coming up . . . after I get all the elements in place, etc . . . I can see some cobwebs too! LOL.

Making a little progress on the 49 Merc, continuing on with the dashboard . . .

All you need is a hole puncher, and some Glossy Accents . . .

056-vi.jpg

Also worked on the interior . . . I just find the leopard print irresistible. LOL!

060-vi.jpg

Not all the dollar bills thrown at this one make it into the G-string.

064-vi.jpg