Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ahh...I see the Chevy pickup you used have a similar rear chassis/floorpan solution as the 67-72 Chevy pickup that the camper was originaly released with. On the Monogram Ford pickup I actually cut away the frame behind the cab as the original frame had too much of a kickup and the camper was sitting too high. I have made a new "frame" with styrenestrips that the camper sits on.

So, I'm going to make some pots, plates, forks and knifes to add to the kitchen-sink-unit.

This is my first attemt at a fork, made from thin aluminium. As you can see it is less than one centimeter long.
IMG_5881.jpg

I have also made the tokens and the dice for the game, blue has already won. Kind of typical that one of the players has a luckystreak and gets only six's on the dice while the rest is struggling :lol:
IMG_5883.jpg

I've been looking for you Mark, I can't believe they are going for around $200 bucks, We got to use picking magic to find a lose collection for ya.

Thanks buddy...I only need the camper like from the racers wedge/open road set....would be good enough for me I want to put a early to mid 70s Dodge van in front of one... :)

Thanks to my dear Swedish friend Mattias that gave me the idea of making a pot out of a pipe. I have now made the pot, not from a pipe but a piece of plastic hose that I found in my garage/workshop.
With a 1mm brasswire for a handle and painted with humbrol aluminium and matt black.
IMG_5888.jpg
IMG_5889.jpg
(It has no bottom but don't tell anybody that)

Also made a new ladder up to the bunk:
IMG_5893.jpg

So here is some pictures of tonights production. The decking that is on the back of the camper is in my eyes to small (only 4x6 feet) so i decided to make an extra decking that is going to be atteched to the one from the kit. A double folding decking that is. Made from L shaped styrenstrips and this mesh made by Plastic Padding that is actually ment to used as a redneck-type of rust repair on 1:1 cars where you cover a rusthole with the mesh and cover that with bondo. Anyway, the new extra decking will make it a total size of 8x6 feet. Still not very big but atleast big enough to sit a chair on.
IMG_5900.jpg

A chair to put on top of the decking is also under construction. Thanks to the wonders of the internet I found drawings for a deckchair and since the measurements whee given in inches I just transferd them to millimeters. Made from styrenestrips and some brassrod it is functional with 3 positions and folding together. I now need to find some fabric that I can use for the "seat" part of it.
IMG_5901.jpg
IMG_5902.jpg

• 3 weeks later...