Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Camaro outlaw prostreet updates 11/19/11

tyrone

That last picture is my favorite! Looking very good Tyrone, as usual. Can't wait to see more progress on this, it looks very mean and with your skills, finishing is going to be amazing.

I like that one also, thanks Niko, and Darryl..

Thanks Chris, and Randy, I got a little done tonight, I got the rear end and wheelie bars painted added the braces and then nut and bolt heads from pro tech to finish it off I got one of the front struts done and the chassis is painted and I was able to get a coat of clear on also,, thanks for looking in and comments welcome...

001-4.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-4.jpg

008-4.jpg

013-3.jpg

When I saw the "coming straight at me" pic, I didn't know whether to get out of the way or start waving my arms to back the car up after a burnout. Great front end attitude there Tyrone.

Suspension is looking good too.

Thanks Joe I like that front pic also, I'm going to put the park lights back on the spoiler also, I dont know whether I'll keep this grille in or use the rally sport grill, we'll see. Randy I the hood scoop is made by flashpoint resins, I ordered it from Slixx decals, I wanted to use it on one of my pro mods builds but it would not fit with the ross gibson engine w/the split carbs, it's kind of narrow on the bottom, I had to take the dremel tool to it, but it should work fine on this one with the demon carbs from protech, Wayne thanks alot these types of cars and pro mods are my favorite type of cars and I really enjoy building these type of cars...

Edited by tyrone

Brad I usually super glue or plain ole testors glue for plastic models in the orange and white tube I personally have had no issues with either,

Well I got the front and rear suspension finished and installed, I also put in the rack and pinion and steering shaft,, here's a few pics...

003-5.jpg

006-4.jpg

024.jpg

Brad I usually super glue or plain ole testors glue for plastic models in the orange and white tube I personally have had no issues with either,

Well I got the front and rear suspension finished and installed, I also put in the rack and pinion and steering shaft,, here's a few pics...

Nice job on the updates Tyrone. Very impressive that you use the old Testors tube glue, I find that stuff takes way to long to adhere to anything, especially for custom made styrene. I remember using that stuff way back when, use to much and it melts the plastic to the point of no return to where it will never set up.

But it looks like you have conquered the right amount, because your builds always look perfect!

Thank you Andy, Charlie and Bart, well I got a little more done I've got all my fuel lines done and some of the oil lines done, the demon cards and hose are from Charlie at Pro Tech I decided to go with black lines on this one so I colored the hose with a black sharpie, here's a few pics, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

014-4.jpg

017-2.jpg

021-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

025.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Tyrone, plumbing looking great and nice change-up on the line color. I have never tried the Sharpie approch but have used Polly Scale (railroad water based paint) Black and it works great for this too. Look forward to more buddy!

Charlie

Pro Tech

Charlie, Joe, Darryl ,Randy and Chris, thanks alot fellas I appreciate it. Well I got the fuel lines on the engine almost done only two more lines from the nos solenoids to the firewall are left, then I'll start on the oil lines and then on to the brakes. More updates soon thanks for looking and comments welcome

031.jpg

032.jpg

043.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

Edited by tyrone