Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Camaro outlaw prostreet updates 11/19/11

tyrone

Man Tyrone this looks perfect, you make me want to go out and by the 1/24 69 yenko camaro and use one of my pro stock kits! I was at the Hobby store last night and saw that Chi Town Hustler with those wheels almost picked it up... I had already spent enough money and had to resist. Let me tell you it wasn't easy!

thanks again fellas, I've got all my tabs on for the trunk and the front end they stil need to be trimmed down, I also got the doors opened up, I cut the hood out for the hood scoop but I'm gonna need a taller cowl than this, so I'm gonna make one, i got the bumpers stripped and stuck them on and I started in the engine, thanks for looking and comments welcome......

007-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

010.jpg

011-1.jpg

Edited by tyrone

these are after the doors were removed and I also trimmed wiper blades off...

016-1.jpg

Nice Job on the Tabs Tyrone, and very clean job on cutting the doors out! Did you have to do any clean up on the lines? I usually mess up half way though and have to fix something because I slipped. Say a few cuss words and say, "Oh Well.... it is just a model and can be fixed." LOL

One thing I noticed is the shifters, these look much nicer than the old crappy ones that I seem to recall. They were chrome and all in a horizontal line, had no bends or showed them in any certain order.

I have to ask, what Pro Stock kit do you always use, because they seem to go really well with all of your builds. It was like they were meant to go together.

Anyway, awesome job on the progress you are making!

THANKS fellas, your nice comments about my work keep me going....

Robert and Chris thanks alot I really appreciate it..

Bart thanks buddy the kits I use are the r/m 55 & 57 pro sportsman kits, those will work with almost anything after doing some minor trimming here and there, the lenco shifter is the one that comes with the kit. I've found that it's not that bad after stripping that thick chrome plating off, It has some pretty nice detail, while opening the doors I always manage to slip and make a mistake at least once or twice on mine also..lol.. but these turned out pretty good..

Mike thanks buddy, I dont know what color I'll paint it yet but I'm leaning towards yellow w/the SS hockey sticks instead of the Yenko stripes, but we'll see..... thanks again fellas.

Edited by tyrone

thanks again fellas, I've got all my tabs on for the trunk and the front end they stil need to be trimmed down, I also got the doors opened up, I cut the hood out for the hood scoop but I'm gonna need a taller cowl than this, so I'm gonna make one, i got the bumpers stripped and stuck them on and I started in the engine, thanks for looking and comments welcome......

007-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

010.jpg

011-1.jpg

I don't know what happened today,,,I was trying to post updates and the pic's come up on an older post, :wacko: anyway I got the trunk floor done cleaned up the mounting tabs on the front and the trunk I also made a taller cowl hood and fitted my scoop.. I also added my styrene pieces to mount my doors...

Thanks Scott, Scott, Brad and Brett, I did get a little done tonight mainly on the engine, doing some painting and stuff. I also got the chassis all finished up and ready for paint and got some sanding done on the body, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

008-3.jpg