Model Cars Magazine Forum

Your collections, show them off

Im in the process of building my display area. I have one shelf completed. I covered the shelf with old instruction sheets and resin coated them. I capped the shelves off with 1x4 with the sides of truck model boxes glued to them and also resin coated. I put the faces of the boxes on the back wall.The shelf is backlit with LED ropelights. There will be three shelves in all, the top one being plexiglass to view from underneath.

post-13133-0-81985600-1403662274_thumb.j

post-13133-0-52131900-1403662316_thumb.j

post-13133-0-68126800-1403662374_thumb.j

post-13133-0-40716200-1403662418_thumb.j

post-13133-0-57966100-1403662628_thumb.j

post-13133-0-54716200-1403662776_thumb.j

post-13133-0-20759800-1403662990_thumb.j

Edited by Superpeterbilt

Hey Superpeterbilt, nice display. Have you posted all of your builds, I have seen some of them on the other site.

There are a few that I havent. I havent gone back and posted anything from the other forum. With all the moving them around building the display, a bunch of them need a little TLC. Plus it seems that they either never get finished, or get rebuilt 4 times. Its a sickness.

Terry - Wow, what a eye appealing display. I am impressed at such a great way to utilize the kit boxes and directions. B)B)

Lucas - Very nice , my favorite is the logging truck and load. It looks so realistic , you must of had some good reference's to duplicate that one ! ;)

well, my room is too small for a good pic, but here is my almost full display case [trailers take up a lot of room....]

photo_zps02d8fcd3.jpg

Nice Collection, Tom. And that's why I don't make dedicated trailers. I have some trailers, but they're generic & used for photo shoots. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up". :)

thank you for all the great comments. I have more to post but have to figure out way to take pictures of them in the show case. I have mirrored backs and sides and base so the flash reflects. Will give it a shot. There is some nice built up truck models on here. As you can tell I am in love with trucks. Always remember " Without trucks America stops "

Thats quite the collection, it kinda looks like a warehouse, thats way cool. Im with Lucas, as im a truck driver too.....

If it werent for trucks we would all be naked hungry and homeless.

If you bought it, a truck brought it

Hammer down good buddy

Hopefully here soon ill post what i have, not much at the moment, ill show it off proudly