Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratching the surface,1936 Bentley Saloon

kennb

I was a little concerned about how to hing the doors but with the self adjusting automatic hinge from the bentley modified some they work. even with the operating windows... B)

DSCN4421_zps25aa694c.jpg

If you look close in the picture above you can see the hinge, two straight pins.......................they are harder to do when the body is assembled this way... :P

DSCN4420_zpsa9b1218e.jpg

DSCN4419_zps33d9e218.jpg

DSCN4418_zpsd7846734.jpg

The window has to be remade since it is too small for the opening and there for does not operate properly like the front windows do. The rear windows will only go down so far though because of the shape of the door. <_<

Thanks for all the kind comments. :)

I do hope that some things I do will be of value to others, even if they dont build a care the way I do.

Kenn :rolleyes:

Did not accomplish much this weekend,,,had snow duty...................... :P

Did the wires for the ford and started the rear fenders, and chassis stuff, then took a little time for a study of a motor cycle shown in the background.........wont post much about it other than it is preliminary study.

DSCN4424_zpsf7996a7a.jpg

DSCN4425_zps4206ade3.jpg

Charlie,,,,,,thanks for the idea :D

Kenn :)

John,,,,,,thanks for the dates,,,,I have me head in 1932 and plans for a 1930 :blink: Bad me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :P ..I will continue with the 30...in the mean time I ordered a bunch of Revel 1932's, :o Me ordering kits,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the sky has fallen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are more for reference to see how they put the kits together and to get a good 32 4 door body for casting,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ;) ...The question being now can the cast it so that it has opening doors built in or is that something that has to be done after the fact.....????????????????????? a caster can let me know.

I also ordered and am waiting for the fiber optics to arrive so I can get back to the Bentley.........since I am only 2 weeks into the build I feel the time off wont hurt the 2 month time line.....

I have also posted Section 5 to the K3 challenge...........................................I have not been getting a lot of comments so I dont know if what I am doing is appreciated by many but will keep plugging along,,,,comments are a way of knowing it what I do helps anyone in their kits. :wacko:

I know I have posted this in the Chevy build but wanted to have a nice piccy in the post..................................... -_-

DSCN4391_zpsb5824493.jpg

I allso have the revisions to the methods of making wire wheels that are more fool proof that I will be poasting later this week. ^_^

Thanks for watching,,,commenting and using any ideas I have put out there..If you see anyway I can improve on anything let me know............... :rolleyes:

Kenn

Edited by kennb

Perhaps I may suggest that the K3 build isn't getting as much attention as you hoped as you put it in the Community Builds section of the forum. I believe it would get a lot of attention if it were in this section.

Just a thought.....

Tony

Tony.....I started it in here and admin moved it over there...I think you are right that it would get more attention here but have to work within the confines of how they split it up......I would like it in the workbench part too,,, :P

Thanks for the comment and suggestion.

Kenn :)

Tony....thank you for the suggestion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,done................. :rolleyes:

Frank,,,I will put that on my build list,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just have to figure out how to do it so it looks right. :D

Thanks to all my followers,,,,I should now have a link to the K3 challenge as a signature ;)

Edited by kennb

The fiber optics materials have arrived today. :rolleyes:

DSCN4436_zps948afa34.jpg

DSCN4440_zps0829eafa.jpg

now on to playing with them.....just a real crude test for an Audi type of head light...................The holes are pin holes,,

DSCN4450_zps13ec2547.jpg

Last one is too blurry but you get the concept.

DSCN4452_zps1b041eff.jpg

Now to some practical applications for lights and dash........................and seperating colours.................. ;)

Thanks for watching.

The light I got with the optic cable had a 3 colour light that flashes. I am going to try to bypass that but for now we are just learning how to control more than one colour. Red, Blue and Green but those might not be the final colours. We are just learning at this point. There is also an off on switch with this and I am using 9 volts but it is what I had,,,it only requires 4.5 volts for the circut that was in the light.

DSCN4456_zps3f5cf58a.jpg

The first thing we need to do is isolate each colour so we can make them do different tasks.

DSCN4457_zps1847ef30.jpg

DSCN4458_zps157fa486.jpg

Eventually this will all be paints black inside but at this point it will be sufficent.

Now lets see how it works.

DSCN4459_zps76f44399.jpg

the fibers a just set in the hole with the blue light. no glue, Nothing holding it , later we will glue them.

DSCN4460_zpsa9b26e5c.jpg

moving the fbers to the red light ,of course will change the final colour we see....

Now that we know this works we can add this to full LEDs that we experimented with for the interior and make our car look like a christmas tree.

You can use as many colours as you have LEDs for....in one location....a dash is a good example...................

DSCN4463_zps42621912.jpg

how a bout really showing something off.....

DSCN4465_zps2c9c3311.jpg

Imagine how it would look in a low light situation. ;)

dash for the Bentley is cut out and the indicator lights are tested in it..The fiber optics run down the firewall and under the floor to the control panel in the boot. The final wiring will only be done after paint.

It is poor picture but you can get the idea,,,,,,,the final colours will be green, orange/yellow and red. :rolleyes: I need to stop down the exposure to get a better picture next time.

DSCN4484_zps473180b8.jpg

The headlights will be mini LED's in white and the marker lights will be yellow fiber optics. B)

Edited by kennb