Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1971 Ford pickup...lifted 4x4

Thanks guys! Just getting started, but wanted to show how differently you can go from stock...

THAT LOOKS AWESOME JEFF!

WHAT ARE THE WHEELS/TIRES OFF OF?

Tom, the tires are out-of-production "SoReal" TSL Boggers. Nice tires, I think a few resin casters have repopped these and the two other tires from the original line...

The aluminum rims are Pegasus 17", and the centers are out-of-production resin Walker Evans.

Awesome body lift!!! HAHAHAHA.... Looks cool

LOL :lol: Gotta get the ride height somehow to be able to build the suspension :P Now to build four new leaf springs...

Edited by jeffs396

Thanks again for the replies guys...glad there is some interest in a 4WD version...

NIIIICE!!

whatcha putting under the hood?

Probably the 390 that comes in the box, but I could see a few different powerplants in there too!

My son (almost 7 years old) & I went to a car cruise today, and looky what was there:

IMG_3495%202_zpson41as4s.jpg

Nice!

IMG_3492%202_zpsaewrewcg.jpg

undercarriage:

IMG_3493%202_zpseqg1hahl.jpg

IMG_3494%202_zpsnru7o2aw.jpg

Talked to the owner for a while...he said he's been waiting for the Moebius kit for about 2 years! I told him we were too! He picked up the kit already and will be building a replica. The black '60 (with a '59 grille) was his too, lucky bugger! The red one has a complete '97 F250 diesel powertrain, wiring harness, and dash. Really nice rig!

Thanks guys! Just getting started, but wanted to show how differently you can go from stock...

Tom, the tires are out-of-production "SoReal" TSL Boggers. Nice tires, I think a few resin casters have repopped these and the two other tires from the original line...

The aluminum rims are Pegasus 17", and the centers are out-of-production resin Walker Evans.

LOL :lol: Gotta get the ride height somehow to be able to build the suspension :P Now to build four new leaf springs...

Scenes Unlimited sells the whole line of So Real tires redone in much softer Rubber. He also remastered the old Ground Hog, putting the lettering on both sides so they are in the correct direction. Something to check out then...

• 2 weeks later...