Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

Dominik, I really need to hear from you so we can put this CBP to bed. Please check your PM's and contact me.

I searched Googles cached files and found a fairly complete list of the finalists entries. Perhaps we can salvage Dominiks photos from there.

Here is the link.

Edited by Lunajammer

Guys , since TFChronos and Zenrat have bowed out, and Dominik is on record in this thread to acknowledge Erik as winner (and I can't get a hold of him either to verify his thoughts), I've spoken with Niko.

With only two entrants, Niko has decided not to ask for a second poll. So Erik is the winner.

I'm sorry if this isn't the way you wanted to win Erik, but it is what it is. If we hadn't lost everything in the server move, we probably would have been fine.

Congratulations Erik, your Riv definitely deserved the win. Check it out here. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96488

Good morning buddies - and Sorry Rob! I was busy this Weekend and had no time to look into my PM and other threads.

I agree to Erik as the winner! Congrats to Erik!

I have no Problem with it and (so it is) dont needed a second poll. I am happy as it is and that i have finished my racer.

And of course i am a little bit proud of my Mercedes (Link to the galery), to finish on stage.

Really, the result speeks for his excelent and clean Buick!

Congratulation to all racers and looking forward to the CB2015 :) ....and to all people behind the scene for your work!

Edited by Dominik

We had a lot of great builds this year. Very likely our best year yet speaking from a quality standpoint. As usual Zenrat had something completely unexpected and showed why he's won this thing twice. Niko's Daytona is something I'd LOVE to drive, it looks like an incredible machine. Dom's Mercedes is the only liveried race car to ever get into the finals (I believe). Most Cannonballers are more "understated" and voters expect that. It's a testament to the quality of the build that voters overlooked it. Lunajammer's Torino had a great design and paint and TFChronos' paint work was top notch on both his entries. Many other builds worthy of mention as well.

I'm SO looking forward to next year. It will be my only priority for 2015 because it's something that's been on my drawing board for several years and I now have the perfect kit for it. Just like I did a couple years back, with my '53 Studebaker, it'll be build one way for the Cannonball, and then changed a bit for contest competition (Cannonballer to Carrera Panamericana rally car).

Get ready to build guys. Buy some new Zap-a-gap, get some new paint, restock the tubing and sheet styrene. And above all, really put some imagination into this one. Only the best ideas combined with quality execution are going to win this one.

I'm going to also touch base with Gregg and his webmaster and see about fixing the poll function to allow unlimited entries in a single function so there are no more debacles.

On your mark ...................................................... get set.......................................... :D

I was kind of disappointed that Pat didn't get involved in the voting poll. It's not the most stealthy of racers but it sure was well done.

Hey !,I was there. I only entered my truck , because I didn't feel that the RatMad was a car that would make a coast to coast trip. And I didn't want to split any votes I might get between the two cars. I thought about entering it because I really didn't finish the truck the way I wanted. I can always go back and rework it. The RatMad did make it into Rat Rod magazine so I was real happy about that. It was also great winning the Cannonball last year, but everyone building and finishing their cars is the best part of the Cannonball. I can't wait to get started on next year's car, if I ever figure out what to build.

Edited by Pat Minarick

Well down Erik. You were ahead before the voting started in my book because I love Rivieras. However, you did a great job.

And well done everyone else whether you made it to the start line or not. It's not the competing that matters here, it's the taking part.

All the finished pictures of my Buick vanished into the haze when they decided to change servers without checking they had a viable up to date back-up. However, it can be seen here.

http://ozautobuilders.forum-motion.com/t8055-1975-buick-skyhawk

So, onto next year. I have to get some kits out and try parts to check fits but i'm 75% sure I know what i'll be building. One issue will be with the hood which has a bulge moulded in which will have to be removed to be a true sleeper.

When is the official start of the build off?