Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:18 modified Volvo Amazon

SFRC

I did a couple of Volvo Amazons as well. They are base on a Revell Polis model.

Last year I navigated in the dark green one during the International Historic Tulip Rally. A 6 day event from France back to the Netherlands. Normally I am a driver but a friend of mine asked me to replace his ill navigater. The rally was all paid for so that was really convenient. As a present I made a miniature replica of his car (actually the second model I made).

Our result in the rally wasn't too good, we were last. But we made it to the finish. At least once a day the Amazon broke down. Even before the start I had to rebuild the SU carbs. During the week I replaced the complete pertol lines. The distributer was in a bad shape. With bits and pieces I kept it going.

Anyway, here are some photo's:

The base model:

volvoamazonpolisklein.jpg

The original Amazon:

amazon9.jpg

And the model itselve:

volvoamazontulip2011rep.jpg

volvoamazontulip201139.jpg

Nice! But I think you should have added the "swept" area of the wipers on the windshield for that extra touch of realism... ;)

You are right however this more realistic. Electical problems during the rally were a daily issue. Wipers, indicators and overdrive usually didn't work that much during the week.