Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Roof rack for the kitties ? My sister loves her kitties like a fat kid loves chocolate. Only will have 2 small suitcases besides the cats and they ( the suitcases ) will be in the trunk. Luckily her back seat folds down so that should help.

Ert? :blink:

Harrry...when I got Ert 10 years ago.. I had another cat named Bernie...he has since passed....needed a name to go with Bernie so I came up with...

Ert and Bernie ..... :D

and when he talks he make a sound that sounds like ert....since he was a kitten...

Finally got to pull the patch off my eye! Scratched what was left of my cornea, still irritated...but I can see with both eyes now! Gonna catch up on some projects. Don't know where to start, but being able to see again is awesome. It was a non hobby related injury and I was even wearing goggles...go figure. Just a little bummed I've missed some hot days that would've been great for painting. Can't tell you how many times I pulled out some parts to try and sand some parting lines, or sand something. It was pretty tough not being able to work on any projects I had going, but my other eye would be so tired at the end of the day or after work I just couldn't do it. I've got some yard work to catch up on first, but looking forward to building again.

My working career was 40 years spent 8 to 5, M to F, at a desk pushing papers. Being now retired, I am pleased to be able to spend my days on my own schedule, going and coming as I wish, mostly just being in a coffee club, running errands and eating lunch. Less is more. :)

And, of course, blessings too numerous to mention.

I guess you did that so Sesame Street wouldn't sue you? They stole the names anyway.... anyone know where?

That's funny Tom...! :lol:

I didn't know that....where..?

The classic movie, "Its A Wonderful Life" The cop was Bert and the cab driver was Ernie, a bit of a comedy team between them.

My eldest daughter and I watch the movie together every Christmas season, much to the distaste of my wife and younger daughter! Watch the movie and you'll be surprised at how many common phrases and things came out of that one flick!

My sister closed on her new place here in Arizona today. Has lived in the Chicago area her entire life ( 65 yrs. ) and will be relocating here in Surprise Arizona near my other sister. This past winter was all she could stand and did not want to suffer through another one. I will be winging my way out there on the 15 th. of next month to help her pack and get ready to have her stuff picked up and shipped. What I am not looking forward to is the drive back to Arizona. She has a Toyota Corolla which is fine as it is only 2 years old but she had 4 (yes 4 ) cats that will be each in their own kennels. Going to be an adventure for sure ! : )

Good for her and you Ray.

Just wanted to let you know how lucky I feel having been introduced to this model car site and the great bunch of guys that hang out here! I'm a loner (No Club...Lone wolf), and to have folks to learn from, converse with, and see such terrific workmanship is just what I needed! Today, I would like very much to thank "pack rat" for directing me to a hobby shop to find the paint I was looking for. This is a great place to be!

The mailman delivered a Franklin Mint 1/24 '55 Pontiac diecast that I got on EBAY for a good price. Now I don't have to redo the '55 Pontiac promo that I have and don't have to make an interior for it. Another slot filled in my "Class of '55".

The mailman delivered a Franklin Mint 1/24 '55 Pontiac diecast that I got on EBAY for a good price. Now I don't have to redo the '55 Pontiac promo that I have and don't have to make an interior for it. Another slot filled in my "Class of '55".

That's cheating! :)

That's cheating! :)

I've been known to do that Tom. :D Usually I'll only get diecasts for cars from the 50's that are not made in kit form or promos, So far I've picked up a '53 Caddy, '55 Buick, '55 Olds (All of which I either had to assemble or disassemble to modify), the '55 Pontiac which I just got, and a '57 Studebaker Golden Hawk. I got all of these on EBAY for very reasonable or cheap prices. I've also got my eye on a couple of others at the moment.

...I can't believe I did not know that.. I always watch that movie at Christmas time..!

Guess I need to pay attention... :lol:

The classic movie, "Its A Wonderful Life" The cop was Bert and the cab driver was Ernie, a bit of a comedy team between them.

My eldest daughter and I watch the movie together every Christmas season, much to the distaste of my wife and younger daughter! Watch the movie and you'll be surprised at how many common phrases and things came out of that one flick!

I still have my two jobs, my Wife and I are mostly healthy. Both kids have good jobs and are happy. I had a vacation day today, even if we did go shopping, I got to go to a car show. Not a bad day!

I also got my1:18 59 Dodge today. Beautiful.....