Model Cars Magazine Forum

'73 Chevrolet Chevelle- Mastered by Tom Ellifritt

Yeah, that's what I thought, there are only those NASCAR versions... Actually didn't know that there is '73 Chevelle too, but that's much different than '74... It would be great to have resin kit or body from both, but especially I'd like to have that '74 Chevelle.

Or then I do that conversion myself. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see that there are some other people interested about this year Chevelle too, usually when I see some listings on Chevelles, they end after year '72. Anyway, I've been thinking about making the conversion.

And Hey, Look At These!!!!!!

DonnieAllisonT380-239x165.jpg

GordonJohncockT395-238x166.jpg

And one with Laguna nose.

74LagunaParson722-240x164.jpg

74MalibuPond54-243x164.jpg

On the last one those rear wheel openings on the body look pretty good. But it's $100 on Nascarmodelkits.com

Maybe the best way would be buying Model King kit, and then just making those wheel openings smaller, and some other modifications what are necessary. :rolleyes:

I actually built that Lenny Pond issue MANY Years ago.

Sadly, it has a badly warped body. I did my best to straighten it out, but,

I think it is still noticeable.

AMT had already dropped it from the line up and sent me a 64 Impala kit instead

of a replacement body.

You forgot the Bobby Allison #12 kit . I have a built of that too, and 2 of the Monte Carlo.

Oh, there was a kit of Bobby Allison's car too? Didn't know that thing, but needs to Google it. Can you remember anything about the lights (front and rear) and the grille? Especially the quality is interesting.

The headlight bar from the "Coming" IMC/Jo-Han 74 Olds Cutlass will work on the 73/74 conversion.

I am not sure about anything with tail liaghts that are close.

The 'Other' mag did have a concversion article many years ago. The builder

modified one of these nascar kits into a stock Laguna.

I think he carved the tail lights into the rear panel and detail painted them

• 1 month later...

Has there ever been a decent stock GM Colonade chassis which wasn't a promo style chassis in 1/25 scale?

A little bird told me that all A-bodies from 1968-1980 had the same 112” frame. There is no “Colonade” frame, it’s the same frame as in any GTO/Cutlass/Chevelle/Skylark kit.

A little bird told me that all A-bodies from 1968-1980 had the same 112” frame. There is no “Colonade” frame, it’s the same frame as in any GTO/Cutlass/Chevelle/Skylark kit.

'68-77 A-bodies all had 112/116 inch wheelbases, then '78 it was downsized to 108 inches...which lasted through '87 (renamed G-body in '82).

'68-77 A-bodies all had 112/116 inch wheelbases, then '78 it was downsized to 108 inches...which lasted through '87 (renamed G-body in '82).

Right you are. My "informant" agrees with you. ;)

But the point is, there are plenty of those chassis available.