Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Kits Announced for 2009

gasman

Yeah I'd like to see a convertible Mustang too! :lol:

It's conspicuous by its absence..... :lol:

And to think that Polar Lights was going to do the then-new '05 Mustang GT convertible, but canceled it (the Ford GT got canceled but then un-canceled). I think it would have had a decent shot of being a good seller, but someone obviously got cold feet on that one along the way... :lol:

I'm VERY curious about what changes/additions Revell is going to make to the T-bolt. It would take quite a bit of new tooling to enable it to be built as a street-stock Fairlane ... new wheels, bench seat, flat hood, new engine/exhaust system.

Notice that kit is billed as a "'64 Ford Fairlane Street Machine 2-in-1" as opposed to simply a "'64 Ford Fairlane 2-in-1." I think that's telling.

I can't wait!!!!!I just can't seem to build the T-bolt factory.......so now I might :lol:

IMG_0731.jpg

+1 for more Mustang variants. Howbout a convertible already? Bullit was an easy one.

Yes, that I would like.. I started converting a couple of the '06 kits to convertibles, haven't finished them. I'd like to do GT500 and GT-H convertibles eventually also.

well i WAS working on my own version of the Bullitt mustang but i was using the rims/tires off of a Welly 1/24-1/25 scale diecast model of a 05 GT coupe that had the same wheels as the Bullitt. but I was planning on doing mine before ford announced the 08 Bullitt S/E car. the only main difference on MY car is the body will have the quarter window louvers that the 68 car had. and my interior would be all black and the steering wheel rim would be brown like the 68 car. I was gonna paint it Tamiya "British Racing Green". but I may hold off and just get the Bullitt kit. I DO want to get the GT500KR so i can do the "NEW" Knight Industries Three Thousand aka KITT 2.0 from the new Knight Rider tv show coming up.

I guess Ford is doing the same thing as GM did with the Camero, first they had a retro style concept like this:

conceptcamero.jpg

but decided to go with this, don't get me wrong I love the fact that they revamped it but I liked the retro style better.

Also here is a shot of a concept El Camino

2008-Chevrolet-El-Camero-Concept-De.jpg

I think this could be achieved in 1:2 scale with a new camero kit and an El Camino kit. Unless someone has already done it.

Clay!

These two are just computer renderings done by a non-GM artist, originallyseen in magazines to pump up the return of the Camaro

Granted, they shoulda HIRED the guy, but that's not the case right now...

Hobby Lobby frequently runs sales where they offer kits at 30 percent off the regular price. Plus, they have coupons every other week or so good for 40 percent off any item in the store.

As for me, rising kit prices is one of the reasons I got a PT job at a LHS. Can you say "employee discount?" :unsure::huh:

Don't know about you, but sometimes I think that discount cost me more money than just being a customer ;)

Something else that occurs to me in re the '64 Fairlane kit ... the T-bolt chassis is slightly tubbed, which means the back half of it would be incorrect for a standard Fairlane. Yet another reason why the new kit will in all likelihood not have a factory stock building option. Not that I'm complaining; the new parts will at least get you closer to stock than previous.

I have the Modelhaus conversion parts (hood, bench seat) from several years ago, so I really don't need another kit..but if they provide the stock hood and hubcaps and maybe the seat, I'd be happy...I can source a 289 from other kits.

Strangely, as far as Fairlanes go, I have all the AMT Fairlane kits ('62-67, and the '68-71 Torinos) except for the '64 HT. Got to find one of those.

You forgot one ... '64 Fairlane Street Machine "Special Edition," from the T-bolt tooling. Brochure pic shows a car with a flat hood and steelies/dog dishes.

BTW, the snap Hummer and Mustang are both 1/32, and the Super Bee, is, indeed, from "Uptown" tooling.

I saw that notice & pics elsewhere too...A stock '64 Fairlane version! I'am told it has all new stock parts & a 2n1 kit and if thats true, I'll be grabbing a few of them ditto for the '57 Chevy sedan too. I sure hope the Fairlane chassis is correct for stock tho!

~ Jeff

A question regarding the 57 150 chevy. Does anyone make the Bel Aire side trim as I would like to do the Project X car as it appeared in the movie Hollywood Knights?

Looks like the Model Car Garage has a detail set...........but it was made for the old tool AMT '57. I'm not sure if this would work for the new Revell one or not.

Probably wouldn't hurt as you're adding trim to kind of a blank sheet so to speak.

Click on the pic below which will take you there.............

mcg2087.gif

HTH! :)

Something else that occurs to me in re the '64 Fairlane kit ... the T-bolt chassis is slightly tubbed, which means the back half of it would be incorrect for a standard Fairlane. Yet another reason why the new kit will in all likelihood not have a factory stock building option. Not that I'm complaining; the new parts will at least get you closer to stock than previous.

Same here, I'm not too worried about the dirty bits like the chassis...the stock hood, hubcaps, headlights, maybe stock bench seat interior are more interesting to me..

So would that mean that the '87 Cutlass & Regal donks are reniged on again like last year? :lol:

Looks like it..last year, they were supposed to be diecast lowriders. This year, styrene donks.

Maybe they will be announced (then cancelled) next year in a new series called 'Beaterz', done up as rusty worn out cars... :lol:

Edited by Rob Hall

• 4 weeks later...
If there's enough stock parts there - bench seat, flat hood, dog dish hubcaps, etc. - I'd throw in one of Ken Kitchen's resin straight 6 engines. A baseline Fairlane - how cool is that? B)

How about a K code 289/4-speed from the AMT '67 Mustang??? Presonally, I want the doggies and steelies to do a '64 Galaxie 500 R code car, using an AMT '64 and a AMT '60 for the chassis and running gear.

Same here, I'm not too worried about the dirty bits like the chassis...the stock hood, hubcaps, headlights, maybe stock bench seat interior are more interesting to me..
Great idea, and please allow me to modify it a bit further. One could replicate the 64 Fairlane (non-"500") "Skylight Blue" (Light Blue, non-metallic) 2-Door Sedan that Sgt. Joe Friday (Jack Webb) drove as his personal car in the TV series "Dragnet". (Not to be confused with the 67 Fairlane 500 4Dr Sedan used while on patrol.) All one would need to do is modify the body side moldings and rear body panel trim. This can currently be accomplished by using the "Modelhaus" resin factory stock conversion kit...but no one as yet has tooled the exclusive 1964 hub caps. :P Fury3