Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nuremberg hobby trade show

Luc Janssens

That Ferrari California looks like a "must-have"! :P

I'm also glad to see the Trabant and the VW bus reissued. Are the doors hinged on the VW now? And does it now have engine detail (I noticed the engine lid is open in one of the pictures).

I also see the Trabbi now has an opening hood & trunk as well! :lol:

Edited by carguybradd

I know the California is all-new (and my least favorite Ferrari since the Mondial and 348...does nothing for me so far...), but does anyone know the story on the Samba and Trabbi? Are they all-new, modified reissues, or ?? Seems odd if they're all-new, especially the Samba since it's already been done twice before, by Revell and Hasegawa.

The offshore boat and the cargo ship are interesting...I need to get the Predator yacht whenever it comes in.

The Predator is in, it's very nice. Simplified in some ways, but never thought I'd see one in that scale.

The powerboat is the Miami Vice Scarab, but it still looks good. Samba looks like the Hasegawa reboxed like they did a few years back. +1 on the Cal.  :D

That Ferrari California looks like a "must-have"! B)

I'm also glad to see the Trabant and the VW bus reissued. Are the doors hinged on the VW now? And does it now have engine detail (I noticed the engine lid is open in one of the pictures).

I also see the Trabbi now has an opening hood & trunk as well! :D

The Revell press release states that all the doors open on the VW, I mailed them to find out more...

HTH

I'm sure the VW is based on the Hasegawa tool, as it still has the incorrect wheels (and Revell has previously sold a version of it).

Previous versions of that kit didn't come with any engine detail or hinges for the doors and rear hatch, so I was just wondering if those details have now been added...

I know the California is all-new (and my least favorite Ferrari since the Mondial and 348...does nothing for me so far...), but does anyone know the story on the Samba and Trabbi? Are they all-new, modified reissues, or ?? Seems odd if they're all-new, especially the Samba since it's already been done twice before, by Revell and Hasegawa.

The offshore boat and the cargo ship are interesting...I need to get the Predator yacht whenever it comes in.

Bob, just got info from Revell and both the Trabbi & VW Samba bus kit are from ALL NEW Tooling!

Years ago, Revell had a 23 Window van that had the hinged side doors . it was very well detailed and I wish I still had it today as i painted it with Psychedelic graphics of the time . If that is the same 1960's tool , I would say buy it as it was a decent model kit . Ed Shaver