Model Cars Magazine Forum

There's an idea, cars from "Mad Max- Fury Road"

Not sure why......but the Aoshema Mad Max Falcon kits have gone through the roof. Not sure if this film has driven up prices or just supply and demand in general. When the first came out they were under $40.....now around $90 and OOP.

Long before any kit I built my own. It was a planned series Mad Max Falcons. This was my version of the Falcon right when the MFP buys it but has yet to upgrade it to lure Max back in.

MADMAX12-vi.jpg

MADMAX14-vi.jpgJoHan 72 Torino, AMT 72 Mustang and some parts.

Other Max vehicles

MADMAXIII1-vi.jpg

MADMAXII1-vi.jpg

MANY more coming.....

Very cool Dave... :) ...I like them all. Id love to do a diorama with the first movie cars as a opening car chase...the bad guys stolen police car looks like it could be made from a 60s Mustang.

Very cool Dave... :) ...I like them all. Id love to do a diorama with the first movie cars as a opening car chase...the bad guys stolen police car looks like it could be made from a 60s Mustang.

Thanks!

Today there are nice resin kits of all the MFP cars including the 'night rider's' car and other MFP cars......been tempted to get them.

In cases like that... doughnuts can be deployed as a diversionary tactic...

The chances of success depend on the age of the officer. Old skool coppers will be effected, however the new breed are all into bagels and latte.............

G

Id love to do a diorama with the first movie cars as a opening car chase...the bad guys stolen police car looks like it could be made from a 60s Mustang.

If you can swing it, get a Holden HQ Monaro rather than incorrect mustang. You can get both Nite Rider and Interceptor from thepartsbox.com

If you can swing it, get a Holden HQ Monaro rather than incorrect mustang. You can get both Nite Rider and Interceptor from thepartsbox.com

Walter....I appreciate the information but for me its a funds issue...I live on a very very small income have a hard time holding on to enough funds to buy a store kit when I can. Still I think it would be a blast to build...always liked the movie and cars in it.

Does anybody know if a kit/conversion is available for Max's HJ Sandman panel van? That's the only one that I'd like to build but am totally stumped on where to start.

I bought one about 15 years ago. It's not resin but a very fine fiberglass, common in AUS back in the day. Just a body and bumpers.....soft detail...but only option I ever saw.

BTW.....saw Mad Max Fury for the 4th time Monday. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave Van

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if a kit/conversion is available for Max's HJ Sandman panel van? That's the only one that I'd like to build but am totally stumped on where to start.

The only one i've ever seen was by Shoey on the AAMB forum. unfortunately he isn't willing to cast it. Perhaps you could start with a Partsbox holden HQ sedan? (not that it sounds any easier than starting with a lump of clay).

DSC00626.jpg