Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT's 1/25 Scale Modified '35 Chevy "Mousey" Racer

Aeroman

Hello Friends, I just completed this OOB, about a month's time of building using enamels and acrylics, including Alclad paints and the Kustom Kolor metallic red. It's been almost 10 years since I've built a model car...glad to have returned to the hobby. Thanks.

Frame/Chassis:

IMG_8399_zps8f4dbe99.jpg

With the Body on:

IMG_8452_zps4c647354.jpg

IMG_8424_zps5ed78336.jpg

IMG_8371_zpsa615018a.jpg

IMG_8446_zpsdf4ee3a0.jpg

IMG_8442_zps867db564.jpg

Thanks fellas! I actually built this one for my wife because the nickname I have given her over the last few years is Mousey, hahaha. She enjoys cheese. So I found this kit at Pegasus Hobby in Montclair, CA and told her I'd build it for her. :) Now she has to display it on her work desk!

As far as the paint job, I researched quite a bit to make it as smooth as possible. During my Google searching, I was fortunate to find the great videos by Doctor Cranky on YouTube. I did a bunch of paint sampling on plastic spoons and finally dialed in the work flow I thought worked best:

3 coats of Plastikote Auto Primer

3 coats of silver

3 coats of Red metallic

5+ coats of Testors Glosscote clear, all airbrushed with the exception of the rattle can primer.

Then 3200 - - - > 12,000 grit, polished.

Voila.