Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 or 70 Olds Cutlass resin parts

The Johan kit doesnt have the flat hood, it has the standard dual buldge hood that came on Cutlass S models and the standard non O.A.I. 442.The flat hood came on the Cutlass Supreme and 4 door hardtop models. It was flat all the way across with a chrome spear down the center, this is for 1970 models only.

The Johan kit doesnt have the flat hood, it has the standard dual buldge hood that came on Cutlass S models and the standard non O.A.I. 442.The flat hood came on the Cutlass Supreme and 4 door hardtop models. It was flat all the way across with a chrome spear down the center, this is for 1970 models only.

The stock Cutlass grills for the 70' Can be made from the custom one's in the johan kit...just cut out the 442 grills ..And cut the custom grills to shape .....For the 69' I used of all things....A disposable razor I found at a pharmacy....look for the ones that are blue or pink in color..Roughly cut a piece on the handle to shape....work with it untill it matches the opening....Bare Metal them....Then paint the recesses black..And you now have 69' Cutlass grills...The same handle could also be used to make the 68' grill same exact spacing on the vertical bars in the grill.....On to the hoods...All of your fastback 2-door Cutlass/442's had the same hoods...Only the wagons,4-doors and the formal roof 70-72's had the hoods you're speaking of....The 69 was the same way...Only the wagons and 4-doors had the hoods you're speaking of....Hope this helps you.