Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ertl Paystar 5000 rex mixer

I thought It was about time I did a truck build as Ive not done one for about 6 months . So I went to the loft and got out a Paystar /rex mixer. Here is what I have got done so far

Engine ready for some plumbing

post-10436-0-92480200-1363136962_thumb.j

Chassis ready for plumbing

post-10436-0-13924600-1363136935_thumb.j

Mock up

post-10436-0-96589500-1363136985_thumb.j

post-10436-0-10389400-1363137009_thumb.j

Im now of to try and find some engine pics wish me luck

Comments welcome

Wow thanks Jim you just made my day well I guess I do have some luck lol

Only one little problem that I see is that about 3 lines down it tells you not to put the engine together for drilling :blink: ! Oh well I will see

what I can do ! Time to get the drill out ! ;)

Thanks for that Charles very helpful Im going to try to add as many pipes n wires as I can on this one as normaly I dont bother

But on this one Im trying to push my skills up a bit ! So if you know where I can get detail pics as well I would be very greatfull

Hi all well this is the result of an few hours with the drill !

Injecter lines and fuel lines are in just got to do air and electrickery coments welcome :)

post-10436-0-42638000-1363218740_thumb.j post-10436-0-43633700-1363218778_thumb.j

post-10436-0-12153600-1363218817_thumb.j post-10436-0-10779500-1363218845_thumb.j

Im off now to try and find some good chassis detail pics Thanks for looking

P/s Please let me know if I have put any lines in the wrong place :P

Edited by Doobie

If I weren't deployed, I could get you all the pics you want! My Dad works for a concrete plant. He has no internet, nor a computer, or I'd ask him to send me some pics.

Thanks very much Charles Oh well never mind .I will keep it mind tho mayby I wil do another one some day then i will give you a shout ;)

• 1 year later...

Hi all well just a little update for you.As you can see we have primed everything . Just got to sand it all now ready for paint .The barel has needed a ton of work as it was very warped thankfully its nearly done now :wacko:

post-10436-0-40672200-1395832572_thumb.j

the engine has been painted white I know its not the correct blue but white shows the weathering off better I think B) Its a recon

post-10436-0-28731100-1395832494_thumb.j

Comments welcome

Dave

Edited by Doobie

Thanks everyone

James the engine has come out better than I thought .I made use of the great reference that I got on here for the wires .The paint is just white acrilic and then bathed in some whitespirits and matt enamel earth then put in a rag and mop up the exess . This leaves a mottled effect on engine then the manifolds where painted with mig powders and a bit of earth for rust.

Thanks for looking more soon

Dave

Edited by Doobie

Thanks Sean :) There is still a lot to do, Lots of wet flating now! . Plus the barel needs a lot more body work and there will be more pipes and wires for the chassis . The Macks are some of my favorites truck too . The dm 800 still needs some airbrushing doing to it and some small bits to finish . The dm600 has been finished for years now and it has an early KFS mixer on it B)

This is gonna be one beautiful setup.....I like the water tank relocation.....They look much better, that way....The PTO work is a nice touch, too.....Looks like you're having some fun with this one....

JT Hi thanks Its been fun so far. Ive been wanting to relocate the tank for a bit now . My only thought is that there must be a pump somwhere ? Yes the PTO drive shaft was bugging me when I did the DM800. Its just the same as the paystar . Ive still got to change the Mack