Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "S" word...

Harry P.

You are so right Harry, and that's part of the reason we moved to FLA.

One of my happiest days was selling the big 2 stage snowblower. When the guy was loading it into his truck, I told him to hold on a minute. I went over to the shed and dug out the shovels, ice choppers, bag of salt, and any other piece of snow removal equipment I had. After all, I would never need it again.

We were watching the weather for our model club Holiday Party last Saturday. The news had the 'Storm Of The Century" kind of headlines, but we kept watching and agreed to hold the meeting. We did have food on order too. It started snowing once we were underway, and there wasn't much when we left. So it was good we had the meeting. I did stay at my daughter's house in NJ to avoid driving back to PA though. Sunday morning the roads were completely clear and it was smooth sailing all the way home.

My deck doesn't get any sun at all in the back, so I did shovel it off. Right now the remaining wet is now solid ice. And there's snow forecast for rush hour tomorrow morning! Yuk!

Got a bit more today. I was in the basement and my wife called to tell me it was snowing. When I looked it was coming down at a fair clip so I figured my evening appointment in Philadelphia was done. Then it stopped. It snowed just enough to cover the ice on my deck. Now it's safe to walk there again!

Got up this morning and saw that it snowed overnight... so I went out at 8 AM to shovel. After I finished I drove to McD to get a big cup of coffee in the drive-thru... got home, put the car away and felt like a job well done.

Then it started snowing again! :lol::rolleyes:

The Lovely Lori decided she did not want to drive this morning so I got to take the HHR to work. Holy BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH!!! BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH traction control is crazy weird. I found I could drive better with it off than on. BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH brakes kept clicking on and off trying to find bite on the road. Turned it off and drove rally style to work. Much better when I have control.Not much snow, but icy.