Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Thx. Guys appreciate it. So i played hookie from work today and figured while i was home i would mess with the car some. I had to thin the hood portion of the front clip to fit because my intake sat to high, I had just enough to make it work. It was getting scary thin, Hope the mag clears lol. I have never been a big fan of the Bull-Horn exhaust outlets and would never put them on my 1:1 drag car but i have never seen Bull-Horns on a model drag car yet, I know i seen some pics and Dave(comp1839) was messing with it for his outlaw car, But for some reason i just like them on here and i think i'm going to run with it instead of the flush mount exhaust. Biggest pain is going to be trying to drill out that rod for the outlet. I may shorten it a little so it is closer to the car. Give me some feedback.

002-vi.jpg

003-vi.jpg

004-vi.jpg

Flat out awesome work. The headers and wheelie bars look great. If you go with the bullhorn, how will you remove the front clip? Whatever you decide, I know it's going to be a clinic on execution. I'm looking forward to your next update.

Thx. Rick, You can see in this picture the front clip where the exhaust exits is a slot for front end removal.

002-vi.jpg

Thx. Guys, were gonna roll with it. i cut the end and glued a section of tube on the end and drilled out the lower some, once painted black inside i think it will look good. I put a coat of primer on it to how it looks., the door even opens lol.

009-vi.jpg

010-vi.jpg

007-vi.jpg

006-vi.jpg

Much props Joe... not only is it an A+ due to the fact that this is your first scratch build... (yeah right...lol) and the fact that you went turbo... and are killing it I might add... make this one of my favorite builds period...

Edited by tyrone

Much props Joe... not only is it an A+ due to the fact that this is your first scratch build... (yeah right...lol) and the fact that you went turbo... and are killing it I might add... make this one of my favorite builds period...

Thx. Tyrone, means a lot coming from a great builder such as yourself, I learned a lot watching your builds and it pushes me to make mine as nice and detailed as yours.

I like the detail of the supporting brace for the turbo/header assembly - well executed.

How did you get such a centered and straight hole in the end of the bullhorn?

Thx. Ted, I knew I wasn't going to be able to get the hole nice like I wanted it, so I cut the rod down short hollowed it out some then glued a short section of tube on top, you can see the seam where I joined them. I will put a weld decal over the seam. Hope to finish up both sides this week, need to make the O2 sensors that go on them also.

Hi Joe, I've been following along for quite some time now. Your doing an amazing job here. Love how everything is turning out. Your attention to detail is beyond impressive. My ONLY criticism, and its not really criticism (lol) is that the turbo's are mounted low at the rear and a bit hard to see. Its just preference, would love to have seen the snails mounted higher so they are more visible! Regardless, your doing a stellar job and appreciate your sharing this wonderful build with us.

wow Joe, that is freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!! outstanding work!!!! all of the hard work is paying off, everything is just perfect, I can even live with the bull horns with the way everything else looks, again plain wicked!

Thx. Bill, I appreciate it coming from s talented builder such as yourself.

Hi Joe, I've been following along for quite some time now. Your doing an amazing job here. Love how everything is turning out. Your attention to detail is beyond impressive. My ONLY criticism, and its not really criticism (lol) is that the turbo's are mounted low at the rear and a bit hard to see. Its just preference, would love to have seen the snails mounted higher so they are more visible! Regardless, your doing a stellar job and appreciate your sharing this wonderful build with us.

Thx. Mike, I agree about the turbos , I wanted to put them out front but didn't think I could fit them originally .