Model Cars Magazine Forum

1994 Ford F150 Lightning Is Done!

Shane, that is a sharp looking SVT Lightning!

I got the body and chassis together and installed the front and rear bumpers.

Lightning28.jpg

I cut off the airbox and added a scratch-built open element air filter.

Lightning29.jpg

All that's left to do is add the stripes, door mirrors, and do any touchups.

Lightning30.jpg

She is almost done.

More to come...

Thanks Shane!

I have finished my AMT '94 F150 Lightning. Paint is Tamiya Italian Red with a gray interior. Wheels and tires are from the Revell '99 F150 SVT Lightning. Stripes are from the Revell 2010 Ford Mustang GT. I would like to thank all those who took the time to view and to comment on my WIP.

Lightning31.jpg

Lightning32.jpg

Lightning33.jpg

Lightning34.jpg

Lightning35.jpg

Lightning36.jpg

Thanks guys! This Lightning came out better than I had expected and I am really happy with it. I'm taking the Lightning with me to the Classic Plastic Model Club meeting tomorrow to see what the club members think of it.

• 1 month later...

How-ever did I miss this the first time around ??

Nice work on the resurrection !

I love these early 90's AMT Ford F-150's . I bought one back in circa 1993 ; I painted it British Racing Green with tan interior ( complete with black 'rubber' floor cover , just like a XL model would've had ) . One of the nicest kits out there ! Got it in storage some-where ...

I've always preferred the 1st Gen "Lightening" over the '97 & later versions . It just looks more appropriate to me in a square body than in a rounded body ; and the 351 Windsor is a better engine vs the 4.6 / 5.4 , in my opinion .

Weren't some models equipped with a Rootes SuperCharger ?

How-ever did I miss this the first time around ??

Nice work on the resurrection !

I love these early 90's AMT Ford F-150's . I bought one back in circa 1993 ; I painted it British Racing Green with tan interior ( complete with black 'rubber' floor cover , just like a XL model would've had ) . One of the nicest kits out there ! Got it in storage some-where ...

I've always preferred the 1st Gen "Lightening" over the '97 & later versions . It just looks more appropriate to me in a square body than in a rounded body ; and the 351 Windsor is a better engine vs the 4.6 / 5.4 , in my opinion .

Weren't some models equipped with a Rootes SuperCharger ?

The 2nd gen came with an Eaton supercharger....

• 4 months later...