Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Monogram 59 Cadillac Eldorado Seville.

AMT 62 Chevrolet 409 "bubble top".

Revell 70 Pontiac T/A.

Mr Hobby 170ml Super clear gloss.

Tamyia 180ml grey primer.

Tamyia putty basic type 32g.

4 pre-drilled distributors.

Top Studio hose clamps for 1:24-1:25

Scale Production radiator hose.

Been searching over a year for an unbuilt and sealed 59 Seville so i`m kinda happy about finally getting it.

IMG_3889-vi.jpg

A bit off topic but interesting. I was cleaning out my inlaws house that is sold. On the back of a closet shelf I found this box. Seems someone got this camera for a gift around 1976 (the date on the paperwork in the box) and never used it. So here it is mint in the box!

IMG_3891-vi.jpg

It's still sitting on the display base in the box. I have a small collection of vintage cameras that my father left me that go back to the early 20th century. I've added a few of my own since, my first 1968 Polaroid Swinger and my Sony Mavica, first digital camera. So this one will look good on the shelf too!

Hey oscar, that Sidewinder truck; does it have an engine or they build it curbside?

Yes, it does come with a Viper engine

And what size a truck is that? Is it based on the full size Ram or the smaller Dakota?

From what I've read, its not based on either truck, but is called a "Dakota" Sidewinder.

Got a couple of "oldies" from eBay today. Bought purely for the nostalgia factor. Had these when I was 7- 8 yrs old.. wanted to do them again. Pretty happy except for the condition of the Dodge Dart. Was mailed out with no box, just wrapped in bubble wrap.. box was pretty bad off but the plastic was intact. Who does this ?

post-7221-0-20611800-1382045146_thumb.jp

IMG_3889-vi.jpg

A bit off topic but interesting. I was cleaning out my inlaws house that is sold. On the back of a closet shelf I found this box. Seems someone got this camera for a gift around 1976 (the date on the paperwork in the box) and never used it. So here it is mint in the box!

IMG_3891-vi.jpg

It's still sitting on the display base in the box. I have a small collection of vintage cameras that my father left me that go back to the early 20th century. I've added a few of my own since, my first 1968 Polaroid Swinger and my Sony Mavica, first digital camera. So this one will look good on the shelf too!

I've never seen these. Was this a clone of a Polaroid?

Was mailed out with no box, just wrapped in bubble wrap.. box was pretty bad off but the plastic was intact. Who does this ?

someone who shouldn't be selling on eBay! I'd leave neutral or negative feedback stating, warning- do not buy from this seller. Mailed model kit in bubble wrap, totally destroying box and product.

Seriously - the box is half the product on a model kit. Yea, you got a buildable kit, but would have a hard time selling it if you had to.

I picked these four old crustys up from an older friend if mine who built these back in the 60's. Not sure what route I'll take with them. The good thing is that they don't have a lit of glue.

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

He also has an original 65 Coronet 500 that he built back in the day as a replica of his new car.

Later-

someone who shouldn't be selling on eBay! I'd leave neutral or negative feedback stating, warning- do not buy from this seller. Mailed model kit in bubble wrap, totally destroying box and product.

Seriously - the box is half the product on a model kit. Yea, you got a buildable kit, but would have a hard time selling it if you had to.

I already filed with eBay

I already filed with eBay

Cool. Someone needs to set these clowns straight. Many years ago I bought a built up Chrysler convertible on eBay. It was shipped to me in a bubble mailer with no protection and the windshield frame was shattered into pieces. When I emailed the seller his response was "You're a modeler, fix it!". I left him negative feedback and he left me negative feedback in response. This was before Paypal and eBay had no guarantees so I was SOL and his negative against me stood. It stunk!

Not bad, pretty quick response from the seller

s.gif

We let the seller know the item wasn't as described. The seller offered you a partial refund of $20.25.

s.gif
You can go to the Resolution Center to accept this offer. The seller will have 3 days to issue the refund. If you accept the offer, the case will be closed and you won't be eligible for an additional refund.

If you don't want to accept the seller's offer or if you have more questions, you can send the seller a message in the Resolution Center.

Refund information:
The seller offered a partial refund of $20.25.

Seller's note:
"Sorry for the problem. Should have known better. Refund as requested. Hadn't gotten a chance to respond to previous email yet. "

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.
$(KGrHqJ,!lIFIlWq9uumBSPJUgjNHQ~~60_0.JPNEW AMT Ertl Smokey Police Car 1:25 Scale Level 2 Model Kit,38515,Dodge Dart Item # : 380724532670 Sale price: $21.00 Quantity: 1 Sale date: Oct-11-13 21:16:11 PDT Seller: joepawnmn Case #: 5039930262 Case opened: Oct-17-13 16:44:41 PDT

I guess I can't complain ...

Guess that seller learned a lesson and won't be doing it again!

I'm amazed at how few people actually know how to wrap and mail stuff. I just take it for granted!

And on the other end of the spectrum are the folks who wrap stuff sooo good that you can't get it out without destroying it!

Got this kit for 9 bucks on the bay. Never built a Heller kit that I can remember. Looked to me like an early Ford so I took a chance.

You did get a good deal on that one, a lot of vendors think they're gold! They're sitting in eBay Stores for up to $100. I love those old Heller Citroen trucks and cars. They all build up off a common platform and require good modeling skills. They are very nicely detailed. I had some issues assembling the multi-piece body on the Bordon's Milk Truck. The common chassis on them all, builds up as part of the fender unit. Some of the chassis parts are fragile, ala old Revell kits. I do have an album of research photos of stock versions if you need.

If you are planning on rodding it, the AMT '34 Ford chassis seems to fit under it like it belongs there!

Ebay came through again. After some communication issues with a questionable seller, it being delivered to the wrong address and chased down I finally got it home. Revell Ferrari 308 GTB, from 1979, open box, unopened bags, $5.45 .. not to shabby ...post-7221-0-13275700-1382135976_thumb.jp

IMG_3889-vi.jpg

IMG_3891-vi.jpg

I've never seen one of those before, Tom. Very interesting.

Does it take Polaroid-type film of some kind? If so, Fuji is now producing at least a couple of different types of Polaroid-compatible film. I've seen some pictures shot with it, and the image quality and color are excellent. Check a good camera shop near you, as they're should be one in Phliadelphia somewhere. Otherwise, B&H Photo in Manhattan and Abe's of Maine (which is actually in New Jersey now) carry it as stock item.

Charlie Larkin

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...