Model Cars Magazine Forum

Perry's Resin

Since I'm only a 15 minute drive from his shop, I just place an order when I'm in the shop. As for all of these problems with Perry's with slow reply's and slow orders, I've only had one problem with an order and that was because of a batch of bad resin. Also, Randy has said that he is cutting back on the list of parts he casts and sells in his online catalog so your best to send a email to check if he is still casting that part.

Since I'm only a 15 minute drive from his shop, I just place an order when I'm in the shop. As for all of these problems with Perry's with slow reply's and slow orders, I've only had one problem with an order and that was because of a batch of bad resin. Also, Randy has said that he is cutting back on the list of parts he casts and sells in his online catalog so your best to send a email to check if he is still casting that part.

I think the fact that you are able to stop in makes a big difference.It is easier to talk face to face with someone than making an international call to someone in the US. If he is serious about selling on the internet, he should take the time to update his website.

Would love to buy some stuff from him but until I hear some positive news, I will hold off.

Any chance of you being a "middle man" I'm looking for the Flaming Frank Fiat Dragster that;s on his site. I called three times today, and he was never in, and a nice gentleman that answered said he would have him call, but nothing's happened yet.

Jimmy.

Edited by Jimmy Wilson

Any chance of you being a "middle man" I'm looking for the Flaming Frank Fiat Dragster that;s on his site. I called three times today, and he was never in, and a nice gentleman that answered said he would have him call, but nothing's happened yet.

Jimmy.

He had one in his shop last summer, I should of bought it while i was there. It's a 2 hour drive for me.

I just got off the phone from talking to Randy. He was very pleasant, and is going to sell me the body I was wanting. Hopefully everything will work out ok !

Thanks for all the input, and I'll keep you posted on how long it takes to receive it.

Jimmy

Sorry, the man does have a life, a family and 2 small business', you all seem to have a problem with his shipping times but not with the quality of the product, would you rather buy utter garbage and have it in a month or wait a little longer and have a quality piece.

Nick

Sorry, the man does have a life, a family and 2 small business', you all seem to have a problem with his shipping times but not with the quality of the product, would you rather buy utter garbage and have it in a month or wait a little longer and have a quality piece.

Nick

Nick,

We all have lives and sometimes we get busy and are delayed in our dealings. All we ask of a businessman or his business is to communicate and that seems to have been a problem for Randy. It also appears that his website is in desperate need of an update as there are many things no longer available and people still ask about them.

You have been a great help getting some people their orders filled as you live close to and deal with Randy on a regular basis and that is to be commended. I think we all understand that shipping across the border is not as easy as one would like or think and that contributes to part of the problem.

Hopefully Randy finds a way to balance all of the demands life is asking of him AND continue to provide us modelers with quality resin.

• 1 month later...

After getting multiple stories over an eleven-month period regarding shipping and production from Randy Frost, all over a $5 part, I cannot in good conscience recommend that ANYONE purchase any items from Perry's Resin. Customs in both the US and Canada were blamed, Canada Post and the USPS were blamed, he sent the part and doesn't know what happened, I should have had it by now... look, folks, I get that the man has a life, a family and a business to run. But if you don't have the parts, don't advertise them for sale to potential customers (are you hearing this, Strada Sports?). I did the mailing of an international money order thing, Jimmy, and it took nearly a year and finally getting the Better Business Bureau involved to get the bloody part. No flame, just fact--Perry's Resin should not be on your shopping list for the forseeable future.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I e-mailed inquiring about the status of my order this weekend. I got the "just went out in the mail" reply. I'll let you know when it gets here.

Jimmy

Not to sound cliche', but hopefully that isn't the same as "The check is in the mail" !

• 1 month later...

I know Randy from Perry's resin is hard to get a hold of. Is he still casting? Is there a way of contacting him to find out what he has available? Does he still have his shops?

Did you read the posts in this topic before you asked that? The odds don't look good you would ever see what you ordered.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I foolishly placed an order in May of 2013. It's now January 29, 2014 and still no product. I have called, been told "it was shipped three times now, I should had gotten it, I don't know where it's going, etc...." I am really disappointed now as my sister bought my purchase as a birthday gift, and she passed away in November, and I even explained this to Randy. I tried to extend some faith in him, and so far, nothing but disappointments. He is encouraging on the phone, but nothing has materialized as far as my order.