Model Cars Magazine Forum

'60s Built '34 Pickup with Original Paint: Polished & Rebuilt

VERY nice!!! i have a few of these in both built and unbuilt form that I want to get around to doing something with. A friend of mine bought the Trophy Series version and built it exactly as it was on the box side as a Ford dealership tow truck. he had the body gray and painted the fenders Testors Sapphire Blue - I always loved that little model and will duplicate it one day.

You did wonders for the little truck and I wonder what the original builder would think and say if he saw it? No doubt, he would be very pleased and happy with your improvements and upgrades. It always warms my heart to see an old model saved and given new life just as I truly enjoy seeing 1;1 vehicles rebuilt or restored. I think that your saving the original paint is a great idea and it sure does look sweet! Nice work! :D:D:D

I love hearing stories of how an old neglected model is saved,Although this one was in pretty decent shape you have turned it into a true masterpiece,I think it is awesome that the paint was saved on this one,the extra touches you added are very nice and fit the truck well.Great work on it.