Model Cars Magazine Forum

So What does Revell Have up Their Sleeves?

sorry no pics here my cell phone is only a phone no decent pics,I plan on taking my camera tomorrow but there was lots of pics being shot so I'm guessing they will show up before then,sorry Casey don't know if it was a 50 for sure didn't pay enough attention

OK, I was just curious. Thanks for posting the info, Ron. :)

I'm sure Pat, Steve, or someone else will post some pics when they have a chance. ^_^

That obvious I don't know the difference, huh? :D:lol:

Don't feel bad I had to go look myself. '49 makes sense, supposed to be a new tool stock woody, suppose that could usher in a truly stock '49 as well. But as a good friend pointed out this will compliment their '48 Woody nicely, plus you can plow it into the Custom Merc and create quite the interesting resulting custom Woody.

Edited by niteowl7710

Revell's FB page today announced that because they can't contain their excitement (or some such thing) the announcements have been rescheduled for MONDAY morning rather than Thursday.

Well, 10:00 am CST is almost here...

I'm wondering if Revell "held back" on anything at Toledo, but seeing as they brought the entire first half of 2013 release flyer, it doesn't seem likely today's facebook announcement will have any "new" news.

• 5 months later...

Anybody care to guess what the Revell Fall 2013 kit releases will be, keeping in mind these are usually reissues rather than new kits? They should be announced in late May or so, going by last year's date.

Lil Coffin'

Red Baron? Fast Buck? (Two Tom Daniel's kits every six months seems to be the norm)

1/16 Kenworth W-900 Conventional?

Probably 10 items previously reissued in the last 5-10 years. Zzzzzzz

On the subject of upcoming releases, they've done something odd w/ their website--the new items scroller on Monday did show the '03 Jeep Rubicon and '08 Magnum which were previously announced for late April, but today I noticed those two are gone and it's all armor and aircraft except for a RoG M-B SL reissue. Strange.

Edited by Rob Hall

Anybody care to guess what the Revell Fall 2013 kit releases will be, keeping in mind these are usually reissues rather than new kits? They should be announced in late May or so, going by last year's date.

Lil Coffin'

Red Baron? Fast Buck? (Two Tom Daniel's kits every six months seems to be the norm)

1/16 Kenworth W-900 Convention

My one sure bet-

57 Ford Custom F-Code (Supercharged NASCAR special)

My total WAGs - no inside knowledge of any of these -

It's about time for a Predicta or Lil Coffin reissue

A couple more Foose kits.

58 or 59 Corvette (or another version of the 62 with hardtop)

48 Ford Woody w/ one of the Kurtis Midgets

64 T-Bolt with decals for a real one.

Some form of the 40 Ford (I hope with the Columbia 2-speed axle that's only been in the Standard Coupe)

Several things from the 90's that go for around $10 on eBay.

50 Olds Club Sedan (fastback) if we're lucky.

Come on to NNL East and see what Revell brings...

Will be old news after we see it next weekend at NNL Milwaukee. :D IIRC, Revell had someone present last year, so hopefully this year someone'll be there again.

58 or 59 Corvette (or another version of the 62 with hardtop)

I'm thinking a Big John Mazmanian version, yes, with a hardtop. ;)

RW09_r096_02.jpg

BJM's Vette was a 61 and I'd go absolutely ape if they did it. Heck, I'd go absolutely ape if they just did a BJM-esque 62 gasser to be honest with you.

A 62 with a hardtop, dual carbs and a handful of road racing parts would be just fine, though... There are flashed over holes in the interior tub right where a roll bar would go and there were a few parts on the test shots that didn't show up in the production kit (like a sway bar) so I think that's more likely.

Come on to NNL East and see what Revell brings...

I'd have more hope for that if they had brought more than the three well traveled (read falling apart) test shot boards for the '57 Ford, '50 Olds & '62 Vette and a legal pad for people to write in suggestions. Probably more of the same this year, except the test shot boards will be for the '90 Mustang, '70 Cuda & '49 Mercury Woody.

Not knocking the test boards, nice to see that stuff up close if you can't make it to Toledo or another show they traveled to, but it's at least a month and half too soon for the Fall/Winter releases at NNL East.

I would be in for that one

And not to sound like an idiot, but whats the difference between 1961 and 1962 Vettes that a person couldn't use the current 62 kit to do a BJM car ?

BJM's Vette was a 61 and I'd go absolutely ape if they did it. Heck, I'd go absolutely ape if they just did a BJM-esque 62 gasser to be honest with you.

Edited by gtx6970

I would be in for that one

And not to sound like an idiot, but whats the difference between 1961 and 1962 Vettes that a person couldn't use the current 62 kit to do a BJM car ?

61's had the 3 little spears in the side cove "vents", 61 was the last year the side cove was painted a constrasting color, and there's a trim molding separating the side cove on a 61, 62 lacks this molding and the coves were painted the same as the body color. The 3 spears and cove molding would be the biggie on a model. 61's didn't have rocker panel moldings, 62's did (but it's a separate part in the 62 kit). Front emblem is slightly different, (crossed flags and "Corvette" lettering, on a 62, the crossed flags are on a large round badge**). Grille is the same but unpainted on a 61, painted flat black on a 62*. I think the deck lid emblem is different, too, but the parachute on BLM's car would cover that up. Plus BJM's had 6 taillights (a very common period custom touch on 61 and 62 Vettes, as well as the C2's which shared a similar rearend). I don't know for sure, but 61's and 62's probably had different interior patterns as well, that's typical of Vettes around this time (I know each year of C2's had a unique interior, I don't know the 61's and 62's as well as I know the C2's).

So, there's a lot of little things, but entirely doable.

*or anodized gold on late 62's

** take that back, it's not a badge, they're just inside a circle.

Edited by Brett Barrow

Thanks for all the info. I had a feeling there were differences and to be honest this particular car is the only reason I am thinking about picking up a Revell 62 kit, but I want an up top.

The rest I can fudge my way thru . Anyone tried to fit an MPC up top to the revell body yet ?