Model Cars Magazine Forum

Animal Jim Zephyr and Bob Glidden Fairmont on progress

• 5 months later...

I hope a forum member can help with a little info about the Bob Glidden race team of 1978 seasson...of which I am almost finish with the undefeted Fairmont car show above. My very good friend and vintage pro stock information mentor, Norbert L. gave me as a gift one of the long Galaxie LTD. trailer kit, so I can do the Glidden race transporter as a back drop for my Fairmont. The problem is that I can not find a picture of the 1978 seasson trailer, only the 1979 which is painted in the Dodge Aspen color configuration, red/blue lines and "Glidden race cars" in blue letters and the latter 1980/81 all blue Motorcraft one.

Do anyone have a picture of the 1978 seasson Glidden transporter, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wayne,

Thank you anyway I know this particular details can be dificult to find as visual info but once more, appeiciate your help. I will paint the trailer in the late 1978/79 colors and graphics, I think it will be correct and since the trailer was still been used in the 1980/81 seasson before the all blue/ white Ford Motorcraft colors where painted. Also I made the mistake in the name of the Dodge used by Glidden in 1979 seasson, it was not an Aspen...but a Dodge Arrow.

Wayne,

Once more a big thank you, two of those are very helpful, also my good friend Norbert L. sent me a picture of the 1979 trailer show the back loading door and it painted line, so thanks to you and him I have all the info. to procced to paint. Thanks one more time and really appreciate the help. Will post photos once is done.

• 5 months later...

Some progress on the Animal Jim car, had to hand paint the ANIMAL JIM door name in clear decal film as is the PAINT BY IMPERIAL logo in the back, still working in the artwork of some unique sponsor decals and other graphics this particular car have, still some time to finish it but getting there...slowly!!!!!!!

IMAG0979-vi.jpg

IMAG0977-vi.jpg

IMAG0978-vi.jpg