Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moby Dick H2 Hummer Limo

I finally overcame my great white whale I've affectionately called Moby Dick. A little back story about it. This was the first model I took a Dremel to after getting back into the hobby in 2008. I have worked more off than on this model over the last six yrs. The setbacks include but are not limited to, dropping it and splitting the center bodywork and having to start all over, putty, ghosting and other paint problems.

Things I would do different-use a third kit. It would make the body and frame work much easier.

I didn't like the sunroofs and the H2s narrow to the back. After widening the front section, the roof panel lines don't line up with the back. Rather than trying to fix that mess, I built a whole new one making it a 1/2 inch taller and giving it a little character. It's FAR from perfect, but I learned a lot compared to my melting plastic over a candle bodywork days.

Any questions or comments I will be happy to answer, if I can remember-it has been 6 yrs in the making. :D

camerabackup028_zps2683d43d.jpg

camerabackup061_zps22aa4595.jpg

H2limo002_zps25bb27e8.jpg

limo006_zpsc48e78fd.jpg

limo024_zpsd61847fa.jpg

limo022_zpsc1d7f5e2.jpg

limo020_zps5253fa95.jpg

More pics on my photobucket--http://s326.photobucket.com/user/cqcid/library/?sort=3&page=1 Thanks for looking.

limo 001.JPG

limo 005.JPG

limo 019.JPG

limo 020.JPG

Edited by Ridge Rider
add pics