Model Cars Magazine Forum

41' Woody GT 426

skymnky721

Greetings from Motown!,,just finished this "Woody". Its kindof what you might call a "GT" package if it were ever to be offered back in the day,,lol. Lots of scratch built stuff,,no after market parts on this,,just leftovers from the junk bxs. Some of the pcs were missing when I got the kit{ swap meet kit} so had to use the thunderbird tire cover in back,,different rear bumper,turn signals on front fenders,scratch built,,And the mtr is some hemi out of a prostock kit,,have no idea which one. Tinted the windshield + wing windows blue Scratch built visors,,roll bar,,seatbelts. I really like the AMT kit supplied " woodgrain" inner panel decals for the sides,,nice feature. They went on with no problems. Its a bit different than the stock version,,but what a fun version it would be to drive!IMG_2941_zps25b70363.jpgIMG_2943_zps7103e6d7.jpgIMG_2938_zpse8db9b5c.jpgIMG_2935_zps6782e450.jpgIMG_2946_zpsd7cdbb4e.jpgIMG_2953_zps4e8ceb5d.jpgIMG_2952_zps1e93bc73.jpgIMG_2950_zps24579df1.jpg:D

Edited by skymnky721

Nice work Scott, but I think it needs more power

LOL,,yea ,,thats funny. ya know,,I debated about making a whole new chassis instead of using the stock chassis,,because if this was a 1:1 car,,the 1st time you stomped on the gas w/a 1100 HP prostock mtr in it,,the frame would twist like a sick pretzel. But in the interest of using stock floorpan,,and chassis that goes w/it,,I just did it this way. The only thing I dont like about it is the headers drop a bit too far tword the ground,,I was going to make some out of solder,,but found a set that were well fitting into the engine bay,,so went w/those. All in all its a nice one to have on the shelf,,thanks for the kind words :D

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the bump, but I HAD to tell you how cool this is!

Thanks so much,,BTW,,whats a "bump"? not quite sure about that one. I was going to do this stock,,but I get bored sometimes with "stock" designs,,not downing the original design,,its great,,but i like to experiment sometimes. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...