Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Galaxie lightweight......a 30 year old build

traditional

P9020267_zps51a4da31.jpg

This factory lightweight 427 Ford Galaxie was modified from an AMT Galaxie 500 kit around 30 years ago.....and kept dust-free in a display case.

Although I'm kind of a Chevy guy, I always thought these '64 Ford lightweights looked really tough, and in '64, I didn't have a lot to cheer about in the Chevy camp.

This model was done from some basic magazine pics and a bit of guesswork, since the days of easy internet research were decades away.

P9020260_zpse3c1e355.jpg

P9020264_zps525d5973.jpg

P9020263_zps53406025.jpg

P9020265_zps33493969.jpg

P9020268_zps16ff1892.jpg

Cool! I remember the good ole days before the Internet and instant research. If you needed info or pictures you had to rely on going through your magazine and book collection. Sometimes for a long while if you didn't know exactly where to look. Then you could phone a friend, or wait until your club meeting to ask questions. Someone would say they thought they had a picture or two and would bring them to the next meeting. A month later you saw them at the meeting and they forgot!

Of course as soon as you finished it using some assumptions, the first person who saw it would jump all over the discrepancies (although they didn't speak up when you asked earlier!)

Man we are so spoiled today! :)