Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chip King's "Green Machine" Daytona Pro Mod

Dave this looks great. Can't wait to see more.

About the paint- love the color, but did I understand you to say that you put one coat of clear over the enamel to speed things along? Doesn't the clear dry faster than the enamel and cause problems? Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I want to learn as much as I can.........

No it does not cause problems. The green is an acrylic enamel that stays slightly tacky for a long period of time yet it cures enough to not interfere with a two part catalyst urethane. As long as I wait a week or so prior to polishing the clear I will have no "die back" or shrinkage issues with the clear since it is a high solids clearcoat.

Thanks for all the compliments!!!

DaveT

The Charger is looking sweet Dave!, the lime green really looks good & I've noticed over the years looking at a lot of cars painted in that color, it seems for some reason that only MoPars look good in it, can't wait to see more!

Since Dave said he was using a Ross Gibson engine, the build is 1/24th-1/25th.

He also mentioned that the body was from Flashpoint resins and I thought that those were only large scale.

Then I thought, Gibson engines do not come in large scale that I am aware of so I thought I'd ask....

This is very nice, love the colour, I'll be watching this one. How may one aquire the chassis blueprints as i have one of these Charger bodies but have not done anything with it as i don't know how to build a chassis.

He also mentioned that the body was from Flashpoint resins and I thought that those were only large scale.

Then I thought, Gibson engines do not come in large scale that I am aware of so I thought I'd ask....

The majority of Flash Points bodies are the smaller scale (124th-125th), Terry has been making more bodies in the 1/16th size recently, but the smaller scale still has more bodies, he makes Pro-Mod,Funny Car & some Gasser bodies.

Now the body paint is complete. Clay made me some decals to go with this build. The door vents, Daytona decals for the rear black quarter panel, and the Vanishing point chassis decals. Then all that was buried in clear. Still needs polishing which it will get later. I need to get a few other projects done so this one will be on hold for a bit but I will be back on it soon!!!

P1010465-vi.jpg

P1010466-vi.jpg

P1010467-vi.jpg

P1010468-vi.jpg

Thanks everyone for the poitive comments!