Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale Calculator

macart52

I was stumbling around Google one day trying to find something that would tell me scales and come across this. I thought i'd share this with the group. I think this the greatest invention since the wheel LOL

You have to have Java to make it work. Best of all, you can put it right on your desktop. It's a little confusing at times though. Just follow the directions and it will give excellent results. I'm trying to find a pocket scale calculator, but nothing yet.

http://www.printmini.com/calc.html

I know what you mean Dale. Been there and done that with all the calculators, but this one works like a charm. What I did find out is this. See where the measurement line is? Always have a 16 at the very end. Unless you have a different fraction for example 5/8 etc. All in all, lets say you want to build a diorama of your garage for example. And your garage is 30' wide by 30' deep. On the first line, click take this 1:1 full scale. Now type in 30 in the first space and 30 in the next one just before the inches. Make sure you have the 16 on the very end. Now click on what scale you want, to calculate. Down at the bottom it will give you your 1:1 scale in the scale you picked ie 1/8, 1/16 etc. The reason the 16 has to be there, gives the closest number down to 1/16 of an inch.

Edited by macart52