Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge 9 Car Transporter

Jonathan I'm trying for 9 cars but my cars are big cars so I'm not sure but it's going to be close. I've already made some cuts to the trailer and plan on adding some on the back of it.

Here's the cab with 3 cars loaded on it. This is the main frame work I'm looking into adding some hydraulic cylinders and maybe some more bracing.

38a0a14fc8d9f68f56e74ba80b51fe65.jpg

91908a622ddfabfaccb8ca83cf5010cb.jpg

b00a7f5135f49baee957db75f33fbcc8.jpg

Great work, and very cool project. That Dodge cab looks perfect on the FL chassis. And what better load than my favorite year of my favorite car. Ive thought about building a car hauler full of wrecked General Lees off to the junkyard, but Ive never been able to decide on a tractor. I have a few of these Dodge cabs, but they are sleeper cabs. Anyway, enough rambling. Great job!

Jonathan I'm trying for 9 cars but my cars are big cars so I'm not sure but it's going to be close. I've already made some cuts to the trailer and plan on adding some on the back of it.

Luck is gonna be on your side a little bit with the scale difference's, trailer being 1/24th and the cars being 25th , here, is mine with 1/24th scale cars, and of them being the same, they are all consider to be small sports cars , you can see, its a tight fit

IMG_5392_zps3c5eeab0.jpg

Its a neat project , good luck with the rest of it

Working on the trailer with the main frames now glued in I'm work on how to get the last bottom car in and I think I will be adding a new ramp section so the car will go in on an angle and not stick out to far in the back. I,see a lot of the trailers set up like this. Know to figure out what to use for the ramp section and how to support it. I've got the front car ramp figured out and the upper middle section I made the front section movable so that it will tilt down in the front and added some braces in the front section where I lowered it. Here's some pictures of where I'm going with the back section. If I get the back to work I will be able to get my 9 cars.

79ae7d789cb2aeea1a68d811b68ef87a.jpg

ba11a99cff4a89de3accf28194ebcca3.jpg

It'll work....You've got the right idea.....The greatest thing about living in Houston, is that you see SO many variations of the same principle.....I've seen many a setup that this would resemble.....Great job with working it out on the fly....I think I build just about everything thataway.... :D