Model Cars Magazine Forum

1980 Chevy Citation Non-X11

realgone58

Here's an old Monogram kit. I built this as a base Citation instead of the kitted X-11 version. I filled in the hood scoop divit, and removed the molded in spoiler from the trunk and quarters. Color is pretty much right on match with the factory yellow. Tires are old parts pack US Royal skinny whites. No wires or anything special under the hood. I still need to find a set of clear headlights for it. These cars were pretty much ugly throw-away cars in my opinion, but due to it's wierdness, I had to have one in my collection.

kits%252080%2520citation%25202.JPGkits%252080%2520citation%25203.JPGkits%252080%2520citation%25204.JPGkits%252080%2520citation%25201.JPG

I was just looking at the lowrider version of this kit and thinking "...that's horrible, but if I could do a stock one..."

That's a great build. For some odd reason, I really like models of base cars, and especially ones that, to me, shouldn't have been made into models! I am going to get one too.

Color choices are great.

I like this. I almost bought a Citation in college with the V6. Very slow....the Celebrity we had with the same V6, for whatever reason, performed a lot better. That aside, it was actually a pretty nice car.

For curiosity's sake, any idea where those Uniroyal tires came from? I might go scrounging for a set myself.

Charlie Larkin

I like this. I almost bought a Citation in college with the V6. Very slow....the Celebrity we had with the same V6, for whatever reason, performed a lot better. That aside, it was actually a pretty nice car.

For curiosity's sake, any idea where those Uniroyal tires came from? I might go scrounging for a set myself.

Charlie Larkin

Here's where the tires come from. Matter of fact, I used my last set on this. I need to find more myself.

kits%2520revell%2520parts%2520pack%2520tires.jpg

Alan,

Youre build looks great nice detailing i bet that kit i'd sent you awhile back sure came handy. What color you used on this build i love the color.

Rick, Yes............parts did indeed come in handy! Thanks again for that! The color is Krylon Bright Idea Yellow. I would not recommend it. It is garbage. Yellows are tough anyway, but this stuff is really junk! This stuff is literally transparent. Then you have to let it dry for a week, wetsand and polish.