Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Kenworth W900 R/C

Hi all I know technicly this is not a kit but i thought that you may like it !It started life as a Tamiya king hauler but its had that much done to it its now far from what Mr tamiya came up with!

CopyofCopyofPicturetrailer090.jpg

The grill is custom made from ally as is the bumper . The hood has been removed then had a V cut in the top and all the rivet detail removed then the sides were filled to match the KW new headlights were custom made plus the headlight surrounds were reshaped then a 1/16th Caterpiller V8 fitted under the hood .The body has been lowerd 10mm and then another 10mm added to the bottom of the cab and sleeper and LED's added along the bottom edge

The sleeper roof was scratch built to match the aerodyne and the sleeper was also streched 2inche's. The chassis has been streched 4inche's and a stainless steel chassis plate goes from the back of the sleeper to the end of the chassis .All the wheels have ally center caps on the hubs.The trailer is also the tamiya flat bed this has been completly built from ally and fitted with lights alround. I hope that you like my little rig if you have any questions I will be happy to answer them and I do have more pics if you would like to see them

Doobie

Very, very nice...I've been developing a fondness for 1/14 scale RC trucks....If I had the money, I'd be doing it, too...

Thanks JT I will say this thay are Very addictive so far I have spent about £900-£1000 on this one rig trailer included. When you get the truck you only get the truck then you need the servos the tranmitter/recever battery. Mine has what they call an MFU (Multi Function Unit) which has engine gear change air sounds air horn running lights head lights blinkers break . All the blue lights are added by me. Simply put the skys the limit you could spend thousands and thousands on one truck and still not finish it but they are great fun to play with. If you go to R/C truck and constuction you be amazed.

Doobie!

That is awesome! If you find my post, Im building tha same truck, but gonna be a long hood Pete 359! Also I DO have a question, How'd you wire the lights in the trailer!?

Hi charles all the lights in the trailer have been put in by my dad the LED-s have a resister on each one all wired up to a pair of 9v batterys electrickery is not my strong suit sorry :wacko: There is also the tamiya traler lighting kit for the rear lights which plugs into the trucks MFU (Multi Function Unit)

Hi charles all the lights in the trailer have been put in by my dad the LED-s have a resister on each one all wired up to a pair of 9v batterys electrickery is not my strong suit sorry :wacko: There is also the tamiya traler lighting kit for the rear lights which plugs into the trucks MFU (Multi Function Unit)

Thanks Doobie! The wiring isn't my lane either! Lol I also have the MFU, and trailer light kit. Even the front and rear bumpers from Garden trucking. Just wanna be seen rolling through the livingroom at night!!! Love that trailer by the way!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm really thinking about getting one of these.....This is just too cool......Thanks for the information and advice....That engine looks right at home under the hood....It really looks good.....And that trailer is just Awesome....

Edited by kilrathy10

Wow you shouldnt have mentioned this thread to me...lol because my mind is just running so fast...so much too spend..so little money available...how long did it take you to build this rig

Hi James it took about 2 years with all the mods that I have done but i you build a stock king hauler you can build one in about a week. They do cost a lot too lol

I'm really thinking about getting one of these.....This is just too cool......Thanks for the information and advice....That engine looks right at home under the hood....It really looks good.....And that trailer is just Awesome....

Thanks JT the engine is from the 1/16th kenworth and it hides the electric motor inside. The trailer started life as the flat bed and its all aluminium