Model Cars Magazine Forum

Matthew's Chevrolet Impala Police Car

Jim B

So, I want to a local hoby shop with my 7 year old son, Matthew, to get a jar of paint for a current truck project. While I was looking for the correct paint, Matthew was looking over the car kits. I knew by the look on his face that he really wanted to get a kit, but the shop we were in didn't have a large sellection of snap kits (hey, he's 7), so after I purchased the paint, we went to another shop which has a larget snp kit collection. He started to look over their kits, but was having a hard time deciding between the Revell '57 Chevrolet 210 & the Revell Chevrolet Impala Police Car. He decided on the Impala. I think he made a good choice.

We finished it today after lunch. I used the hobby knife & put on the long, skinny stickers; but he did all the rest. I think we made a good team.

DSC02403.jpg

DSC02404.jpg

DSC02406.jpg

Thanks, guys. I'll pass on the compliments.

No, this is his sixth model. He's done (with help) the Revell 1/32 Mack CF600 Pumper:

FILE0028.jpg

A 1/72 F/A-18, a 1/72 X-Wing fighter, a 1/25 Dodge Viper, and a 1/100 F16 fighter. Sorry, no pics of those. As far as following me into the hobby, only time will tell!