Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don't leave your model in your real car.

I took this model to a contest in San Antonio last month:

packardfinished-vi.jpg

I left it in the back seat of my car and forgot about it for about 10 days. I figured it was no big deal...it's February, after all. This is what I found when I took it out.

packardmelted1-vi.jpg

HPIM0030-vi.jpg

This really surprised me. I once stored models for a 18 months in a rental storage room. They had no damage. Just weird.

Ooohh Nooooo!! :(

I would be very upset if something like that happened to one of my models!

Temps inside a car can get quite toasty even in the winter time. With all the glass and such that a car has, the interiors just radiate heat..........especially if it's sunny out. Your storage room while a bit toasty too...........doesn't get the direct sunlight.

Guest zebm1

Hey Lee, tell tha local rubes that yu have found an unknown Salvador Dali artwork.....bet they'll offer yu enuff money to buy a new house. :wink:

zeb

Lee. looks like you have to do A LOT of body work! jk. no thats a shame man. i hate to see anyones models, finished or not. melted. even if the build was the crappiest build. sorry it happened Lee. i guess just save the good parts and hang the rest on the wall in a shadow frame!

:evil: ALRIGHT Y'ALL THIS IS ONLY FUNNY FOR SO LONG!!!!! :evil:

Just kidding. I do have a sense of humor.

Jared- There are no good parts left. I want to say the tires are OK, but the whitewall inserts are distorted, so that's a no-go.

Guest zebm1
I'm sorry to see your build got ruined. :cry: I can't imagine the words that'd come out of my mouth if something like that happened to me. :twisted:

Pilot Error! >>Kind of like tha last words tha pilot says right before he augers into terra firma that lets yu know it waz pilot error......"AW CH%T!!

zeb :wink: