Model Cars Magazine Forum

Apparently, I have forgotten to inform the members here of the next BIG model car fest. This is the one sponsored by Scale Auto Builders Association ( SABA ). This event is being held in Portland, Oregon on the 21st of April. Location is the Elks lodge on 711 N.E. 100th ave. This is just one block North of N.E. Glisan and one block East of I-205. If you are coming on I-205 you will be taking the number 21-A exit either North or south bound. Hours are 9AM to 4PM. Awards will be given for peoples choice, best theme model and best classic. Theme is cars that are no longer made ( Studebaker, Olds, Nash, Plymouth, etc. ) The classic award is to honor a past member. There will be hourly drawings for door prizes, kits, posters, etc. Vendor tables are still being sold but we expect to have about 30, loaded with rare and desireable kits. Tables as of this date are $35.00. A table gets you in as an admission. To display up to 5 models we are asking $5.00. Additional models will be accepted at $1.00 each. General admission ( without models ) is $3.00. Parking is plentiful and free. Vendors will be helped to unload if asked, by members of SABA. There is no food available in the Elks lodge but there are many restaurants and fast food places within a very short walking distance. I f you need any further info please contact me at:

jstbb@comcast.net

bob