Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wynnscharger kit frame

ZTony8

If anyone is contemplating the purchase of the Wynnscharger kit re-release,here's a word of warning.Check the kit before you leave the store.I bought one,took it home,and discovered that the frame had more curves in it than the Tail of the Dragon road.I took the kit back to the store and we looked at the rest of the stock.All those frames were warped too.I ended up taking the frame from a Young American kit that he had in the store.It's not great but it's better than any of the Wynnscharger kits.

No problem guys...I went through this with the Young American kit and Round 2 models will work with you. just go to their website and print out the replacement part form and send the info they ask for and the will get a replacement frame shipped to you.

Round 2 and Revell are great to work with.

Vernon

I've just opened mine. My frame, while not perfect, is not warped enough to warrant replacement. Box art is retro cool. Iron on transfer looks good. While there are a few differences with the Carl Casper Young America. They are still essentially the same kit. I just built the Young American this spring. The differences I see are the fuel tank. Garlits does not have an oil tank. Garlits does have the front wing and a somewhat different front axle. Even if you've built the Casper kit, If you like FEDs, you'll like this Garlits kit.

Got mine today and the frame is dead nuts straight. Hopefully that was an isolated incident.

This is quite a package with the transfer and retro boxing. I also got my Buddy Baker Charger in the same shipment. What an epic kit this Charger is. I have the Petty kit as well so knew what to expect, but this just takes me back..

I'll post some pics later after I've swilled a beer or two and relaxed from the days work.

Bob

If anyone is contemplating the purchase of the Wynnscharger kit re-release,here's a word of warning.Check the kit before you leave the store.I bought one,took it home,and discovered that the frame had more curves in it than the Tail of the Dragon road.I took the kit back to the store and we looked at the rest of the stock.All those frames were warped too.I ended up taking the frame from a Young American kit that he had in the store.It's not great but it's better than any of the Wynnscharger kits.

I built this kit back in 1970...The chassis was warped in that kit too. A lot of dragster hung weight bars on the front axle to keep from doing excessive wheelstands. I solved my bent chassis with a reworked fishing weight.