Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP----DMC

Mercman

Danny was correct in his guess. Progress made this weekend on DMC. The paint ate into the styro foam giving the effects shown. I think it turned out great.

DMC002-1.jpg

DMC004.jpg

Now I have to add some color variations, some sand,foliage, pave the road, and a few minor things and it will be done.

It will be a dio of Jan and Deans song Deadman's Curve.

Do they make an HO scale XKE?

Yep it's from Model Power if I remember right. I had one already then I found the Corvette. That was 3 years ago, been brewing in my head since then. Finally decided to take some action on it. Next years theme for the NNL North is Corvettes. So might as well get one ready.

Nice work, Junior! The idea is really clever. Should be cool when it's finished!

Sam

Thanks Sam. It may even become part of Mr Rogers neighborhood dio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hate to mention it Junior.... but the model Jag is an XK120 not an XKE. Monogram did make a 1/87, HO scale XKE coupe however in their "miniExacts" series, if you can find one. I have one... but I'm afraid it's too special to me to part with. (Sorry 'bout that!)

But I love the way the dio is turning out!

Tony

Yeah I know it's not a XKE I have one but can't locate it at the moment. Used that one just for pic purposes.Wanted to get a feel for what it will look like.

The Corvette is also from Monogram Mini X -acts series. If I can't find my XKE I will be in Mpls. next weekend, and do some scouting, also we have a big train show at the end of the month. Hopefully something will turn up.

That is to cool.Now was the Vette red and the XKE yellow or is that a fan make video on youtube?Either way great job,I love how the railing is flying out of the ground.I think I need to start making some ho scale diorama,just because they don't take up as much room as a 1/24 1/25th scale one.

Edited by Austin T

That is to cool.Now was the Vette red and the XKE yellow or is that a fan make video on youtube?Either way great job,I love how the railing is flying out of the ground.I think I need to start making some ho scale diorama,just because they don't take up as much room as a 1/24 1/25th scale one.

You might think so, I have a race track dio I did, the is 2x4 foot.