Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Jairus Watson Artwork Challenge

Fletch

That driftwood was the one I got in my email as well and I was looking for the dice lol. I also got a pic of a 37 ford truck rod. :blink:

When you get the return email, there will be 2 attachments one will be a MS word Document which is the introduction letter to the Challenge. The Introduction letter is titled 'The Jairus Watson Artwork Challenge - participant' There will be a second attachment that will be a .jpg file that will have the title of the piece of Jairus' artwork that is in the envelope that was drawn for you.

Thanks

Fletch

There seems to be some confusion regarding the Introduction Letter. The artwork at the top of the Letter the 'Driftwood' rat woody IS NOTpart of the Challenge.

DriftwoodRat-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The 'Driftwood' rat Woody was build by Jairus a few years ago. With that in mind I felt it would be inappropriate to include it in the Challenge. So, it was chose as the artwork for the top of the letter. My apologies for any misunderstanding this may have caused.

If you contacted me for an Introduction letter and artwork you should have gotten a return email with 2 files attached. Again, those would have been the Introduction letter and a separate .jpg file titled for the artwork that was drawn from the stack for you.

Again my apologies for any misunderstand over what artwork you should be focusing on.

Fletch

Edited by Fletch

Thanks, Fletch! Got it! Thanks Jairus for the offer as well!

Here's the artwork I drew...titled "'60 Chevfin".

Jairus-If I can ask what the description read that would have gone with the artwork. The changes are subtle, and I love it!!

60Chevfin.jpg

Edited by Tony T

Jairus-If I can ask what the description read that would have gone with the artwork. The changes are subtle, and I love it!!

Tony, Here is the copy as sent to SAE and published in Oct 03:

Chevrolet Impala by Revell/Monogram is a beautiful kit with tons of detail and crisp molding. I have slammed it to the ground on a set of wheels from the Revell kit the “Sidewinder†pickup. All badging is removed and paint is a glossy Maroon with a white/ivory roof and “contrail†inset. Taillights are replaced with 6 1959 Cadillac bullet lenses, which can be found in a variety of places: Old releases of AMT ’57 Ford, R/M 1959 Cadillac (big surprise), AMT re-release ’64 Mercury Maruder kit as optional custom parts.

Awesome, thanks, Jairus! Much appreciated. I just ordered the Revell 2 in 1 '60 Chevy from my LHS! Now, to find the rest of the parts (wheels and taillights), and think about an appropriate power plant!!

Anyone have a set of Revell "Sidewinder" wheels they might like to make a trade for?:lol:

Edited by Tony T

jairus...ok im doing the purple 41 chevy pickup...its against my religion to put a 6 banger in most anything but im gonna give it a shot....lol....i do have a ques...can u plz tell me what those hub caps are off of i dont have a clue thanks...neal

Weeeellll... those are Olds "Festia" caps...

... and they are only found in the last two releases of the Revell 1959 Galaxie Skyliner kit. I would think someone out there in TV land might have an extra set, or else you could simply use some alternative wheel cover.

Here is a set of them on a little rod I was building a while back.

P1010317-vi.jpg

Edited by Jairus

i just picked up my kit today

i went with the revell 2 in 1 1932 ford five winder coupe that i will update to a 34

(i went with the 32 because it allows me to ad 6 scale inches to the front of the frame rather then spread out like the actual 34 has it and it will give a great visual effect)

Jairus, i noticed that some of the artwork has descriptions

is there something available for mine ?

Eelco... what nationality is that btw?

There was no description to go with that illustration. The four images published then were for an article about "Rat Rods" back in 2002. However, the body in that illustration would be AMT's '34 five window coupe and frame, with a '48 full race flathead, '40 Ford wheels, brake hubs and a hand painted sharks mouth on the grill bars.

thanks for the info

:)

i will be using a revell 32 body and frame ,altered to look like the artwork

not sure about the year or origin of the flathead, but im working out a deal as we speak

ill do my best to make it look right

would you be able to tell the difference between 32 and 40 wheels ?

because i am planning on using the kits stockers on wider rear tires and they look right to me :)

as for my name, its dutch, fries to be exact and it means noble blooded

which doesnt say much because i was named after a guitar player my parents like

he was the lead player for a band called cuby and the blizzards

so i guess i got of lucky, i could have been called cuby

I sent a PM and I said e-mail or snail mail. I think E-mail would be better. :unsure: This build thread looks amazing as far as the ideas and the overall idea. Jarius as someone that "tries" to draw my hat is off to you in your creativity. I hope I am accepted cause this looks fun! I'm a little jealous of the cards some have "drawn" :D

Awesome, thanks, Jairus! Much appreciated. I just ordered the Revell 2 in 1 '60 Chevy from my LHS! Now, to find the rest of the parts (wheels and taillights), and think about an appropriate power plant!!

Anyone have a set of Revell "Sidewinder" wheels they might like to make a trade for?:huh:

Hey Tony, I tried to PM you about the Sidewinder wheels. I have a set kicking around that I can send your way if need be.

Ken

That's great, Ken! I would sure be interested in working something out with you. I'll check settings in my profile and see if I can't do something about the PM not working, but you can e-mail me. Thanks!!

EDIT: I just went to my settings, and unchecked a box - must have missed it when the new board started a while back...oh well, should work now...;)

Edited by Tony T

We're down to less then 10 envelopes left for the Challenge. If you're interested in participating in the Challenge get in touch with me before the supply runs out.

Although, when we run out I may actually get a chance to start building, so come on guys, get those envelopes while they're still hot.

Edited by Fletch

He PM'd me, Fletch.

Thanks, Ken...reply sent.

My bad, it was right after my post for those interested in the Challenge to contact me, I assumed it was to contact me. And you know what happens when you ASSume something. :lol:

Edited by Fletch

Weeeellll... those are Olds "Festia" caps...

... and they are only found in the last two releases of the Revell 1959 Galaxie Skyliner kit. I would think someone out there in TV land might have an extra set, or else you could simply use some alternative wheel cover.

The Olds Fiesta caps are also found in the Revell '59 Impala hardtop 2 in 1 kit. Boxart has mild custom white car with purple flame decals.

By the way, Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Md. has the chopped cab, if you don't want to chop your own.

41ChevyPickup-vi.jpg

Edited by Lyle Willits