Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dart Swinger 340

Bruno

Here's my first resin model, I learned a lot on this one, did some mistakes, being my first resin. I built this one using the Scale Coachworks resin transkit, which is made to be used with Revell's '69 Dart kit, but I chose to use the AMT's '71 Duster as the donor kit instead, that was the first mistake... I chose the '71 Duster because the interior looks closer to the '70 Dart interior than the '69 Dart, plus the Duster has the 340 engine I wanted. Later I found out that I still needed the glass parts from the '69 Dart kit...

So the chassis, suspension, drivetrain, engine, wheels and tires, interior are from the '71 Duster, I also used a second backseat from another '71 Duster kit to build a front bench seat and used the headrests from Revell's '69 Charger.The windows, wipers, door handles and sideview mirrors from the '69 Dart. Paint is automotive basecoat with urethane clearcoat, Alclad on the bumpers, decals from Keith Marks, those decals were old and I did have some trouble with them, that is why the "Dart Swinger" emblems on the rear quarters are missing, out of the 3 emblems on the decal sheet, I was able to save only one, which I decided to use on the trunk lid.

61ab2bb9e7.jpg

21268d4dae.jpg

0e3a3df367.jpg

ddfacba7bc.jpg

e9493fba39.jpg

8e152fa5f5.jpg

9582e248c5.jpg

Great Dart! I like the color very much and paintjob looks good. That engine detailing looks nice too, and chassis is amazing also. Thank you for sharing, this is one of my dream cars to build, not to own, Chevrolet is better... :( Nice model.

VERY nice build, I have two of these. I built one in Banana Yellow, with a black vynil roof. The interior was done with a bench seat also. But getting the vertical pleats in the seat backs was a REAL trip! I used about a HUNNERT peices of Plastistruct 1/2 round tubeing to get it rightt. i never even LOOKED at the Duster kit to see if it woulda worked! I'll DEFINATELY check that out with the second one!!!! THANKS for the tip!!!!:P:(;)

Wow!! Simply great!!

Had a real '71 Dart Swinger with a slant six when I started college back in '77. Still one of my favorite cars. I do by the way have the resin model from scale coachworks. Right now You are responsable for it getting bumped up a few notches on my model list for this year.

Very Kool!

Edited by mcandela

Here's my first resin model....

8e152fa5f5.jpg

The fender tag should be body color.... :D

Great build. I *think* I have one of those stashed away. Yours is inspirational to say the least.

On a side note: There's a guy on Long Island that hung `71 Swinger sheet metal on a `69 Dart convertible shell. Talk about doing a double take when you see it! I don't know why Ma Mopar killed off the A body convertible after `69.... ;)

Beautiful dosnt do it justice. Incredible is more like it. I had 2 darts, one a 73 with a 6, the other, a 71 with a 6. You nailed the look!

The fender tag should be body color.... :rolleyes:

Great build. I *think* I have one of those stashed away. Yours is inspirational to say the least.

On a side note: There's a guy on Long Island that hung `71 Swinger sheet metal on a `69 Dart convertible shell. Talk about doing a double take when you see it! I don't know why Ma Mopar killed off the A body convertible after `69.... ;)

you are correct...the FENDER tag(or broadcast code tag) should be body color, but the green and white sticker is actually a sticker denoting emissions information and is a white background with green printing on it

you are correct...the FENDER tag(or broadcast code tag) should be body color, but the green and white sticker is actually a sticker denoting emissions information and is a white background with green printing on it

I stand corrected: I see there's the anti-freeze label on the radiator support and that indeed IS the emissions label.

Then.... where's the fender tag? B)

I stand corrected: I see there's the anti-freeze label on the radiator support and that indeed IS the emissions label.

Then.... where's the fender tag? :D

lol the fender tag is painted body color, so it blends in witht he body, thats why we cant see it B)