Model Cars Magazine Forum

couple of quick funnycar builds

brett

kinda box stock for the most part well at least no detailing, sad I know. First up I have the Schmacher woder wagon, started off with the JJ vega reissue, this one had a lot more flash than the last one , but I sure am glad to see these available again. So I had to add/make the louvers for the rear window so made a masking tape template from another kit, a hood bulge which I made from a plastic teaspoon ( a little big) but not too bad I think, and removed the front bumpers. Also using 1320 Waynes tutorial I've lowered the ride height a bit.

DSCF7072.jpg

DSCF7073.jpg

DSCF7235.jpg

DSCF7236.jpg

DSCF7237.jpg

next up with not much to see yet is the RRRRRRevellution Demon, spent a bit of time yesterday afternoon trying to mix up a paint close to the decal blue

DSCF7240.jpg

thanks guys, gave it a quick wetsand to get rid of the slight orange peel and a re coat. Here it is four hrs later without being touched. No clear yet

DSCF7242.jpg

DSCF7244.jpg

DSCF7247.jpg

DSCF7248.jpg

chassis is done just have to install inner body braces, just gonna give the paint a bit of time to harden

I know I'm late sayin' this,wish I coulda been online sooner to mention this before you decaled the Vega Brett, but when I was looking at the pics, something just didn't look right, I went home & checked out a issue of Popular Hot Rodding from Dec. 1973, it had coverage of the U.S. Nationals when the car debuted, the hood scoop (including the normal Vega hood bulge),the roof (including the A pillars & a little part of the front cowl right in front of the windshield) & a stripe on the trunk area should have painted white. Sorry to mention it so late, but just recently got set-up on a computer again (at the local library, where I've been putting in applications). Anyway, the Vega still looks great Brett, the yellow turned out real nice, the Demon is looking good also!

• 3 weeks later...

Wish I coulda got hold of you sooner guy on the vega, got a resin body of the Wonderwagon Vega (don't remember who made it), waiting to get built, it came with the blue side stripes & I have to use the Slixx decals from the Wonderwagon Panel Vans/Cuda, The Revellution Demon is comin' out lookin' great!

• 1 month later...

Steve, I've detailed (mainly just the motors ) on a few of my funny car builds, ( I think I do a reasonable job as all my detail is homemade ie no aftermarket stuff )

DSCF8049-1.jpg

chitownhustler9.jpg

mongoosedusterdone4.jpg

snakesmonza10.jpg

but when 99.99 percent of the time they sit in my lounge with the body down............ it doesnt always seem worth the effort, though sometimes I will ..............just for fun