Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 hole budds

• 3 weeks later...

I just got me a set of Bens 2-hole Budds for trailers (casted by Jamie) for an upcomming BJ And The Bear Truck/Trailer project and I have to say they are top notch.

I also got a couple of sets of 10-hole wide fronts with high flotation tires at the same time, and I got a couple of sets of Truck Mate 5-hole wheels earlier for my Tyone Malone Transporters...and they are of the same quality,

Edited by Force

I have been working on 3D printed stuff and also came up with wheels and tires. They look really nice and detailed. Th first photo are wheels with the ones from Revell as an example. They were used in the race trailers and are 34mm in diameter.

IMG_9406-vi.jpg

The next photo's are wheels I have drawn for a mate who wanted super single wheels for his dump truck. The first photo's are from the front wheels, the tandem are for the rear.

IMG_9449-vi.jpg

IMG_9450-vi.jpg

IMG_9451-vi.jpg

IMG_9454-vi.jpg

With the right info I am able to make any wheel you would like. Prices are quite all right. Difference is the weight. These wheels weigh almost nothing.

Hessel

Those look really nice!!!!

Ben, do you make a 4 hole budd style wheel, like what would've been found on late 70's one ton Fords and Dodges? I looked through your albums but didn't see anything. I'd really like to find a set for a 79 F350 wrecker I'm replicating for my Dad. Thanks!

Hi, no I'm sorry we don't offer a 15" four hole "dually" type wheel but Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland has some. I think Modelhaus might sell some and the Monogram/Revell Ford F-350 dually has them in the kit.

Ben, Do you make or know what wheels and tires would work to build the racer wedge . I know it's base off a pick up truck frame.

Hi Gordon, no we don't have anything that small, sorry.

While these photos are not the greatest, these are a set of Ben's two hole Budds that I ordered from him several years ago. Still working on the project, but the resin tires have since been replaced by KFS rubber tires. Fit is better AND they look great! The wheels will be detailed appropriately prior to completion.

2010-11-01_05-28-26_13.jpg

2010-11-01_05-34-13_698.jpg

David

I've bought several different wheel and tire combinations from Ben and Jamie and have to say that they have always been top notch. As soon as I get some time back at the bench I will have to post some of my in progress work. But I will just say that I highly recommend anything that Ben and Jamie have up for sale, you you won't be disappointed.

While these photos are not the greatest, these are a set of Ben's two hole Budds that I ordered from him several years ago. Still working on the project, but the resin tires have since been replaced by KFS rubber tires. Fit is better AND they look great! The wheels will be detailed appropriately prior to completion.

2010-11-01_05-28-26_13.jpg

2010-11-01_05-34-13_698.jpg

David

Oooh, that looks good!!!!!! I want to build the Trumpeter ALF in lime green with these wheels! Now I know how they'll look!