Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for drag racing forum

I cant help you there, but I have been searching for drag racing forums for specific info on conecting two motors inline.I know they use a double toothed sprocket on the clutch plate, but really need better info like what size, how many teath, how is that connected to the rear motor??So.........If you find a good forum, PLEAZZZEEEEEEE let me know.Thanks.

Guest zebm1

I did a websearch including a few pay for their pictures sites, no engine photos. I'd bet that Bill Jenkins did not allow too many photos of his engines. Would be like letting tha competition get enuff info to maybe guess how to beat him. :wink:

On tha two inline motors situation, there used to be a dude around St. Petersburg, Flawduh, that had a T Bucket rod wid 2 Olds 400s inline. The front engine had a manually operated (lever w/ a hydraulic cilinder) connected to a sprint car in/out box. He would start tha back motor with an electric starter...then while driving down tha road, pull back on tha lever, engage tha in/out box and use tha back motor to start tha front motor. Sounded very kool, but he said that it was a real bear to drive...stopping at stoplights, etc. :D

:twisted: Zeb